stihl 08s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoot501

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have seen these for sale lately, can anyone tell Me a little about these saws. Would they make good firewood saws, how heavy are they and do they have good power? thanks

08s

These saws are an anvil from the past. Heavy and slow by todays standards, but indestructible. The powerhead was used on everything from cutoff saws to earth augers and waterpumps.
I probably wouldn't run one everyday because of the weight. It has good power, like all the older Stihls. The power head in good condition is valuable to all those who have a TS350 cutoff saw as it will replace the motor.

I just cleaned a 08s up & am ready to trade it for a old husky. TomB centeral Okla.

Personally when 1 comes in for repair they are soon in the bin. Just not a good saw for practical use. I have a few in the parts container that are in pretty good shape, but they are more for when the boss retires and needs a lawn ornament for his cottage. Some thing to make the garden gnomes look more badass:eek:

Personally when 1 comes in for repair they are soon in the bin. Just not a good saw for practical use. I have a few in the parts container that are in pretty good shape, but they are more for when the boss retires and needs a lawn ornament for his cottage. Some thing to make the garden gnomes look more badass:eek:
I have a new one I never even started, just can`t bring myself to use one so its been a shelf queen ever since I got it from a Stihl dealership as a never sold saw.

Latest posts

Back