stihl 090 bar ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

injun joe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
alright im new to this site glad i finally found it.

1. i was just curious on what yours guys opinion on bar length was for a stihil 090 i want to cut fast but i want to get the big cotton woods around here that no one can get they are about 4' i know a 44'' will cut them but could i get anything bigger and still haul sum a$$.

2. what type of chain should i get i know it will have to be .404 but i mean as in full skip or half skip?

anything will be greatly appreciated.

If you are cutting 44" Cottonwood why in heck are you wanting a 48" bar? I am in an area of Cottonwood with most in 36" -48" and we cut them with a much shorter bar that 48"" Most guys here stick with 24" bars.

Bill

If you are cutting 44" Cottonwood why in heck are you wanting a 48" bar? I am in an area of Cottonwood with most in 36" -48" and we cut them with a much shorter bar that 48"" Most guys here stick with 24" bars.

Bill

well i say that just in case i find a behemoth of a tree. or in case i want to cut a big douglas.

Ha Ha Ha Ha, now the Scott wonders come out again.

I vaguely remember the thread about finding a pristine 056 magnum that a "member" got off a widow. The reason she was a widow is because the saw had killed her husband. He was asking if it was cursed and if he should run it. lol

Then he started another thread about the saw falling off a shelf and starting on its own. Of course a bunch of people jumped on the wagon and thought it was a true story and said he was cursed.

Funny stuff.

I hope this guy doesn't get banned because we are assuming stuff......

Back