Stihl 090 Impulse Purchase + Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatwhat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I saw an ad posted stating this saw was for sale and within a few minutes I called the owner to go have a look. Everything seemed fine with the saw and it looks to be in good condition. I was really skeptical about it since he wanted the saw and all attachments gone ASAP due to money issues.

He showed me the mill he used with it and some slabs of wood he cut, so I am pretty sure it wasn't stolen!

I got way too excited and just decided to pick it up before someone else did.

I ended up paying $750 Stihl 090 + 36" & 42" bar + 1 ripping and 1 standard chain for EACH bar.

I tested out each bar and chain on the saw to make sure everything was working properly and everything seems fine.

Did I pick up a chinese knock-off or something like that? After going home and looking at what these saws go for, I am beginning to worry about what I picked up.

Would anyone know how to confirm it is the real thing?

20150528_145850_Richtone(HDR).jpg 20150528_145815.jpg 20150528_145815.jpg

read the pull start cover where it says stihl and under it in fine letters it should say made in west Germany or read the serial number on the case and the first number should be 1

That's the real deal there. And a nice one at that. Probably spent its life as a mill saw. They don't seem to get too beat up cosmetically on a mill.

read the pull start cover where it says stihl and under it in fine letters it should say made in west Germany or read the serial number on the case and the first number should be 1

It says it on the orange STIHL label and underneath it on the cover. The serial number does start with a 1! Couldn't those be copied though. I really want this to be real!

I will say fake just to bring your hopes down...

One saw I do not own, but would an original have the yellow sticker?

It says it on the orange STIHL label and underneath it on the cover. The serial number does start with a 1! Couldn't those be copied though. I really want this to be real!
no its the real deal then for sure

That AV Brazil garbage looks like a good saw to me. Can someone tell me what is wrong with it?
theres nothing wrong with it i was just trying to say what the knock off one looks like. i know i know its not a knock off but its not the real German made one

theres nothing wrong with it i was just trying to say what the knock off one looks like. i know i know its not a knock off but its not the real German made one
The ones made in Brazil by Stihl are just as real as any other saw made by Stihl. Not sure what you mean by this post. Stihl manufactures their products in a number of different countries. (just like Ford, GM, and Toyota)

Latest posts

Back