Stihl 2-mix strato vs Husky/Poulan strato

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I don’t gut them. I have played around with it. I don’t want to get rid of the efficiency. But like I said in my post before that, if gutting the strato helps, it means that there is room for improvement in your transfer area or timing. Tree monkey did a thread on here a few years ago, and once he had ported a 462 to his timing numbers, he gutted the strato and it didn’t make any difference in cut times. Which is in line with my findings as well. It’s probably easier in most cases finding gains by gutting the strato which is why some guys do it.
There you have it @thompsoncustom. Two of the best in the business are not gutting the strato ports and not from lack of trying the other way.

There you have it @thompsoncustom. Two of the best in the business are not gutting the strato ports and not from lack of trying the other way.
good to know that they have came far enough with it that the only difference is fuel efficiency which is only a good thing.

I would personally still never own one or a computer saw but I don't see any reason for normal people not to.

Back