Stihl 28" B&C question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is the adjuster at when you have the 91DL chain on? All the way in, towards the middle, or all of the way out? I'd think 2 extra DL will make it too long as even one DL makes a big difference.

I had a couple sugihara bars years ago ,they used 92 or 93 dl on a 28 ,all my others were 91 ,i think ,my 372 used 93 dl also ,was too confusing so i stuck with stihl and 91 dl bars .

Sugihara is the only 28" i know of that has an odd count..ive tried 93 driver chains with oregon , stihl and cannon bars on my stihls ive had and it was way too long

My 441 has the larger felling spikes. From the tip of the spikes to the end of the bar is only about 26 1/2 of usable bar.

I'm surprised you have that much. W/O dogs it would be 27" cutting with the chain measured, with 661 R dogs it is 25.5" actual cutting from the smaller spikes in the middle. Both my 20" and 24" (now called 25) give me that amount of length with the chain factored in, w/o the dogs. Standard dogs take away 3/4". (So the 20" will actually cut 19.25" and the 24" will actually cut 23.25") The bigger bar & spikes is only giving me an addl 2.25".

When I put the 28" bar next to the 24" bar, I knew it was not 4" longer.

Thanks for the responses, I'll stick with 91.

Yes 3/8 i run 105-106 dl ,the .404 is only 96 dl on the same bar just changing the tip on a 32 inch .Threw that 96 # out there to see who was awake .

Where is the adjuster at when you have the 91DL chain on? All the way in, towards the middle, or all of the way out? I'd think 2 extra DL will make it too long as even one DL makes a big difference.
Yes.

Lots of sag in a 91dl chain to get it to fit.

Better stick with 91dl.

Latest posts

Back