Stihl 290 - 390 AfterMarket p/c kits. Anyone have a preference?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racerboy832

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Some how I've ended up with about 10 Stihl 290/029 over time. Mostly from a dealer I work with that only rebuilds with OEM stuff so they end up selling the customer new saws. I've seen Top end kits from $39-$139. Who out there has had good success with the lower end kits? I am frugal but they need to be good too. This is purely for Profit but I don't want it to come back on me.

290/390 AM Kits

Check out the "weedeaterman (sponsor). He has GREAT kits that I have used and SUPER FAST shipping!!! Order on Tuesday get by Friday...project fodder for weekend!!!! :clap:

You can fish one of the old style 029's my way if it has some good plastic, that will give you an immediate profit! :biggrin: Besides I have a saw sitting here (and for some time) that has a busted top cover/back handle. Otherwise, I have used the Bailey's kits for the 039/MS390 swap when they are on sale. Otherwise, sometimes the cylinders will clean up if lightly scored. A nice meteor piston and a clean cylinder make a nice match! Happy Sawing!

Back