Stihl 361 compression wont pop up? Still wont start?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biketrax

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
OK So the compression button isn't poping up, so I pop it after priming and still wont turn over. the pull on the cord gets very hard.
whats the next step? ran fine a month ago??

That's the trouble with the 361 they lock up and won't turn over. Tell you what if you want to box it up and get rid of it I'll pay the freight and you can get you a good saw. Really 361 is a fine saw I have 3 of them. I have removed the compression release from all of them, due to them seeming to fail. The 361 has good compression and can pull over hard if your not aggressive in your starting procedure. First thing I would do is remove spark plug and see if saw turns over easy, there could be something wrong locking the saw up. Could be a number of things bad clutch bearings or loose coil, jamming flywheel. Probably non of these things wrong, so install plug and try drop starting the saw or as the manual says put on ground put foot on handle and start. The more aggressive you are the easier it will pull through and start easy. Hope this helps stay safe cut wood.:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back