Stihl 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So moody you're telling me if I remove the stops like I did the high screw can't be turned in all the way?

sure you can turn it in, but the saw will not make it long. Something else is going on becouse the saw should not run at all with the "fuel shut off" H needle screw all the way down.

You're probably right I'm only typing what I know. I'll have to get another carb to see how it reacts.

15,000 on one of my favorite saws? Sure didn't sound anywhere close to that.

What type of tach are you using?

Thanks for the videos but to me everything looks and sounds within spec or very close. That looks like pine you were cutting, and the speed about right. Take screwing down the H needle and the 15,000 rpm claim for hours out of the thread and everything seems ok to me.

One more thing, I wouldnt challenge the builders on this site unless you really know what you are doing.

Last edited:
If there is any one close to 53818 that would like to come to my shop and verify this feel free. I can't explain how it works but I do have it all the way in.

Wow! Do you guys treat your own kids like this? It seems to me laddo90 is asking lots of questions and not getting any answers, just insults from the Pros here. Kind of embarrassing to read. I'm betting he was born in 1990. That makes him 22 or 23 years old. Dern shame he doesn't know everything about saws at that age.

Wow! Do you guys treat your own kids like this? It seems to me laddo90 is asking lots of questions and not getting any answers, just insults from the Pros here. Kind of embarrassing to read. I'm betting he was born in 1990. That makes him 22 or 23 years old. Dern shame he doesn't know everything about saws at that age.

Thanks for pointing that out. Just turned 18 last week.

I think we are being trolled. Look at his signature and his post below yours and read what it says.

if ur milling run it alittle richer than normal, regular cutting u want it to 4 stroke up top unloaded and clean up and smooth out when it's in 2/3's of the bar in wood at WOT. thats the way i set all my customer saws keeps em going. if you plan on milling alot you may want to increase ur oil mix ratio also if your not at 32:1-40:1. 50:1 just don't cut it for a long time for milling or concrete saws/cutoff saws. just my .02 hope it helps

could possibly I never touched anything on the carb but the adjustments. I'll take it out tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back