stihl 441 floods will not start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw has so much compression the starter hung half pulled I was trying clean every thing let stupid spring pop out I'll have give it another go I don't think a new one is much I got order those missing air filter parts and get a clutch drum last guy had a spur sprocket and it's wore slam out

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

67eb6ca76bcf18f8c94b39dccd689c9c.jpg

All back together, recon need pull that carburetor there gas leaking out of it now it appears

2416ce77c0cc4ca567b0400cbfe2ce9e.jpg
Looks like gas kept coming out and maybe ran out between carb and air box

Well it should be level with the carb body with the gasket off you cant just compensate by changing that if something else is wrong.. To answer your question If the Metering Lever height is set too high, it may create a rich condition, while a Metering Lever set too low may create a lean condition. Is yours level and does everything look in order? Post a pic of it while you are at it.
fb03a2b78ebd270b1682e69b1e803d1b.jpg

Is it an m-tronic carb saw?
If it's starting without choking it, then something is leaking after shut off to make the mixture rich.
Did you pressure test the fuel inlet?
Fuel lines are new and holding presure

so what is the problem ? you can't find from where the saw leaking or something ?
Carb was cleaned and rebuilt but still floods fuel every dang where I been able get saw run one time but couple pulls and fuel just rolling into the motor

Carb was cleaned and rebuilt but still floods fuel every dang where I been able get saw run one time but couple pulls and fuel just rolling into the motor

No matter if the carb is clean and rebuilt , the carb needle stuck and the saw flood

Directly from the ms 441 service manual the two first reasons have to do with the needle

Condition Cause Remedy
Carburetor floods; engine stalls Inlet needle not sealing –
Impurities in valve seat or cone
Remove and clean inlet needle or
clean carburetor
Inlet control lever sticking on
spindle
Restore easy movement of inlet
control lever
Helical spring not located on nipple
of inlet control lever
Remove inlet control lever and refit
it correctly
Perforated disc on diaphragm is
deformed and presses constantly
against the inlet control lever
Fit a new metering diaphragm

Directly from the ms 441 service manual the two first reasons have to do with the needle

Condition Cause Remedy
Carburetor floods; engine stalls Inlet needle not sealing –
Impurities in valve seat or cone
Remove and clean inlet needle or
clean carburetor
Inlet control lever sticking on
spindle
Restore easy movement of inlet
control lever
Helical spring not located on nipple
of inlet control lever
Remove inlet control lever and refit
it correctly
Perforated disc on diaphragm is
deformed and presses constantly
against the inlet control lever
Fit a new metering diaphragm
Every thing seems to be in order unless there literally a piece of trash under the needle, I ultrasonic cleaned the carb and installed all new parts, I feel like banging my head on the wall lol

Every thing seems to be in order unless there literally a piece of trash under the needle, I ultrasonic cleaned the carb and installed all new parts, I feel like banging my head on the wall lol

I have see this f..... ing problem in many saws , saws floods or boging just because the needle stucks , check again or try a new needle with metering level

Also sometimes theese thing ( red line ) are more tight and metering level that keep the needle can't play free , check also for this

Attachments

• carb.png
    carb.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back