Stihl 660 Aftermarkets parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racerboy832

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've been out of the chainsaw game for a while but have collected a ton of Stihl Saws. I'm going to be building a few Stihl 660s. The last one I built there was no aftermarket tanks available. Now I see online they are available and really cheap. Whats out there aftermarket that you guys have used that is respectable? I have a few all OEM ones but these are going to be cheap builds for a few friends that don't care about OEM.

Many of us have been tinkering with the huztl/farmertec kits and their handle and gas tank seems to be good for what your looking for. All the little handle components vent and fuel line are already installed. ???? Only aftermarket one that I have had in my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same experience as Wood Chopper. Tanks are very nice, especially for the price. I would however, put in an oem fuel line, as they aren't nearly as flexible as I would like them to be.

Tanks are ok, but you may be unlucky and get a leaky one. If you order from reputable seller then they'll probably replace it.
Clutch covers are great, clutches are "ok" but the springs are questionable, impulse lines are good, seals are good, plastics are good, meteor is the only piston I trust, new pleated white filters seem good and seal well.
Drums aren't the best, rims are ok but inconsistent, fuel filters suck.

Back