Stihl 880 brand new

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirSawsAlot

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I want to buy a brand new stihl 880
What is the best way to get one that is made the most recently?

I dont want one that has been sitting on a shelf for a year

Huskys, lol. Alright well thanks for answering my questions honestly...

Huskys.....
Not a problem but honestly you can buy one off the shelf and be assured it'll run fine. And yes husky, I was a tech at a Stihl dealer for 3 years and used to be hardcore all Stihl. Just wait till you run a good Husky you'll be suprised. Didnt mean to come off as a jerk.

We sell Stihl (and Husqvarna) at the dealership where I work. This 880 went home with a customer last week...

IMG_1381.JPG

Our policy is to sell the oldest unit first. This is important if there is floor plan financing in place, you do not want to be holding aged inventory (especially if it is paid for). Saws are not like food, they do not go stale with age.

Since this has been freshened up, we are looking to buy either a 660, or 395xp. ( odd thing on a comparison chart of the two, it said the 395 didn't have an auto oiler) my biggest saw was a 460 magnum, loved it. I know I can.just look at numbers, but what are people with use of the two thoughts on it. The .1 hp, more weight, and higher price tag of the husky has me leaning to the Stihl 660. Also I know it says up to 36" bar for both, but if I want a bigger bar, what are your experiences / sizes it runs with no issue.? Also wherea the best prices. My local guy has been getting a bit overpriced.

since the 661 stomps all over the 660. I'll say get a 661. This one is ported by tree monkey and running a 36" .404 full comp RS chain.

Back