Stihl and John Deere!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcso10

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
John Deere and STIHL Announce Agreement to Expand Retail Relationships

Release Date: July 29, 2008

(Virginia Beach, Va.)— STIHL Inc. and John Deere announced today a joint agreement that will permit John Deere’s qualified servicing dealers to carry the
STIHL line of handheld outdoor power equipment (OPE) in their stores. “We are very pleased to announce that our equipment has been selected as the ‘preferred brand’ of John Deere,” said STIHL Inc. President, Fred Whyte. The agreement was made between the two OPE manufacturers and outlines that
STIHL will be available in the stores of John Deere dealers.

“John Deere’s reputation for manufacturing quality products and providing outstanding service at the dealer level aligns with our long-standing commitment to product quality and top-notch service,” said Whyte. “There are already more than 500 John Deere dealers that currently sell our products throughout the U.S. and Canada, so this is a natural extension of our business model. Additionally, this agreement is totally consistent with the existing pricing, terms and policies of our Branches and Distributors.”

The agreement allows the iconic status of these two outdoor power equipment titans to extend their product, service and brand strengths to a larger number of servicing outdoor power equipment dealers across North America.

About STIHL Inc.
STIHL Inc. manufactures the world’s largest selling brand of chain saws and produces a full line of powerful, lightweight, and versatile handheld outdoor
power equipment for homeowners and professional users. STIHL products are sold through servicing power equipment retailers from coast to coast— not mass
merchants. For more information or for the name of the closest STIHL retailer visit the STIHL Web site at www.stihlusa.com.

Say it isn't so Margret..............

But will there be green and yellow Stihls with the little deer runnin' ?

AND, since John Deere is now sold in Home Depot...

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

AND, since John Deere is now sold in Home Depot...

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

STIHL Inc. and John Deere announced today a joint agreement that will permit John Deere’s qualified servicing dealers to carry the
STIHL line of handheld outdoor power equipment.

Wishfull thinking Woodie, try Mircale Gro,LOLOLOLOL

Opps forgot:
About STIHL Inc.
STIHL Inc. manufactures the world’s largest selling brand of chain saws

crow Woodie crow, chew that crow,LOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
The best tractor and saw in the same building?? I have died and gone to heaven

So, let me get this straight...Massey Ferguson is carrying Jonsered???! Dang...I guess red and black ARE the winning colors!!!

Last edited:
Opps forgot:
About STIHL Inc.
STIHL Inc. manufactures the world’s largest selling brand of chain saws

STIHL Inc. manufactures the world’s largest selling brand of chain saws, although they are swamped in both quality AND quantity by the Husqvarna Group, whose brands include Jonsered.

So, 8000 dealers wasn't enough, huh?

Good ole Stihl has done it again, despite how they will try to spin this to some of my Stihl dealer friends. The way I read this, Stihl will pretty much be in every John Deere store. (I could be wrong) Yes, they are already in many of them, but there will be MANY instances where an existing Stihl dealer will now be crowded by having the line in a nearby Deere store. I can think of a few in my area that will be none too pleased about this. And they will have the whole line in there too, not just a handfull of SKU's as we have with Husky in TSC or Lowes.

Another thing I wonder is if the Deere dealers will be ordering from Stihl or from Deere.

Dealer loyal my arse. What a scam.

I'm just wondering what the aquarium stores, bakeries, and gay bars in SE Michigan are going to do, now that they're going to be competing directly with JD on the Stihl sales...

STIHL Inc. manufactures the world’s largest selling brand of chain saws, although they are swamped in both quality AND quantity by the Husqvarna Group, whose brands include Jonsered.

+1 . Don't know how many times I've said this now. The chainsaw brands of Husqvarna AB outsells the chainsaws sold by Stihl by a fairly large margin....

+1 . Don't know how many times I've said this now. The chainsaw brands of Husqvarna AB outsells the chainsaws sold by Stihl by a fairly large margin....

I wouldn't doubt that one bit when the mix includes Poulan which is everywhere. Strip out Poulan and I bet the picture is quite different.

So, 8000 dealers wasn't enough, huh?

Good ole Stihl has done it again, despite how they will try to spin this to some of my Stihl dealer friends. The way I read this, Stihl will pretty much be in every John Deere store. (I could be wrong) Yes, they are already in many of them, but there will be MANY instances where an existing Stihl dealer will now be crowded by having the line in a nearby Deere store. I can think of a few in my area that will be none too pleased about this. And they will have the whole line in there too, not just a handfull of SKU's as we have with Husky in TSC or Lowes.

Another thing I wonder is if the Deere dealers will be ordering from Stihl or from Deere.

Hey Spike. You bring up a really good point. I don't think I've ever seen a small JD Dealer. With a product line like Stihl you would think JD dealers not carrying them would get both feet wet and do the whole line. The interesting fact would be how many JD dealers don't have Stihl in house yet. Regardless, I would think this move would effect the 8000 in some way.

Back