Stihl at Radio Shack

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawcircus

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Friend just called me laughing said he saw stihl being sold at the local Radio Shack. So does a guy in a shirt and tie, fire up the new stuff for you , tune it, and take you out back to slice a round or two before taking home. Just seems like a strange location to sale saws.

Friend just called me laughing said he saw stihl being sold at the local Radio Shack. So does a guy in a shirt and tie, fire up the new stuff for you , tune it, and take you out back to slice a round or two before taking home. Just seems like a strange location to sale saws.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

wow

Nope, just did some research and certain Radio Shack stores are your new Stihl dealers. Who would of thunk it. Crazy huh?

LMAO! Can't buy parts for 'em online but they'le let Radio Shack sell them... now that's FUNNY :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Many Radio Shacks are franchise operations where the owners could have multiple locations. Many of the small Sears outlets are privately owned. I am sure many of you are old enough to remember when Goodyear stores sold appliances.

wonder if they will have the whole line or just the battery pack units....

Can you imagine a logger walking in and plopping his crud covered ms460/660 on the counter and saying "can you look at this right quick"....
:msp_biggrin:

I found three Stihl/Radio Shack dealers in Richlands, VA, Norton, VA and Pikeville, KY. My guess is that the same individual owns all three stores and is simply expanding his product offerings to make more money.

The local Ace hardware store used to carry Stihl for awhile. When I asked about warranty repair, I was told that every other Wednesday they had a guy come in for any repairs. I think it lasted a year. I was told by the owner that they couldn't meet Stihl's quota for the month for 8k worth of sales. Sounded like BS to me, but what do I know.

The local Ace hardware store used to carry Stihl for awhile. When I asked about warranty repair, I was told that every other Wednesday they had a guy come in for any repairs. I think it lasted a year. I was told by the owner that they couldn't meet Stihl's quota for the month for 8k worth of sales. Sounded like BS to me, but what do I know.

The 8K figure I though was at that amount the shipping is free or the likes of some other incentives. When I ordered my HO oil pump stuff the dealer said if I wanted it sooner I would have to pay shipping cost unless I waited until thier order was up to a certain amount then shipping cost was free.

I would rekon a lot of dealers due far less than 8K in sales. that is a lot fo saws:msp_unsure:

With the emphasis they put on dealers I can't believe it...
I don't think it will last long.

We used to have a Stihl dealer about 25-30 mins from here that was a radio shack store as well.

There is a store near me that is a Hardware store (Ace or True Value...can't remember) that has a radio shack in it.....they are a stihl dealer.......

Its an odd thing I admit

Just had to check this out and did a quick search and heres what I found

Radio Shack Of Pikeville in Pikeville, KY - Pikeville, Kentucky STIHL Chainsaw Dealer

"Welcome to the online home of Radio Shack of Pikeville, an Independent Servicing STIHL Dealer. STIHL manufactures a full line of powerful, lightweight, and versatile handheld outdoor power equipment for homeowners and professional users. STIHL products are sold thr...."

I mean, what do Stihl dealers and Radioshacks have in common?

Way overpriced parts and accessories that can be had for cheaper elsewhere.

Match made in heaven if you ask me. Business as usual for both.

Not only can you get 5 crimp on cat-5 ends for $10, now you can get a single file for $3.

Back