Stihl bench mount filing fixture?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl only

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for feedback on the Stihl bench mount filing fixture. I have never had one in stock because of the price, but thought about getting one to service the few chains I get year that aren't completely rocked!

Thanks

Ive hear it can be kinda combersome to use. I tried one out once and it wasn't too bad but it is pricey. Anything that your going to use to service multiple chains i would stay with an electric grinder.

Every once in a while, I get a chain that just needs a little touch up and I'd rather file it. Now most of the chains I see, need pointed to the trash can!

I've messed with the bar mount fixtures and they seem to be a bit strange to mount, but I do have customers that like them.

I know this is always a debate on here as to what a dealer should charge to grind a chain, but you can't believe some of the junk I get and just how long it can take to bring a rocked chain into usable condition!

Ken

I went with the Northern grinder . Dont forget about your rakers. Having the grinder makes short work of both.

Back