Stihl BR600 blower ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolbrze

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
One of our BR600s is having some issues staying running. It fires up, but stalls out after 20 seconds. When is stalls, it seems like it's running out of gas and it sputters for 5 sec. or more, then stalls. This one is about 3-4 years old and the plug was replaced a couple years ago. Could it be a plug or does it need carb adjustment or cleaning and if one of the latter, how do I do it?

Last edited:
What oil are you mixing with the fuel, i've heard the orange bottles will cause issues.

Has it ben running fine then just started doing this, how long since it last ran?

When I start mine, I start it on choke, when it fires, I move it to the middle position and let it run for about 10 sec, then turn choke fully off.

Check the fuel filter in the tank, make sure it's not gummed up or has fallen off. Never heard of one falling off but check.

+1 on fuel filter and also tank vent.

The br 600 does have valve problems. Its biggest problem is the valve being sucked down into the guide so it can't build compression. You would notice that though. it would pull like the spark plug is out.

My stihl tech/store owner says it happens because of to rich oil mixture which can also crud up the valves very easy. but I wouldn't look into that till I cleaned the carb.

I would recommend using only Still ultra or equivalent in that blower.

If you have another swap the ign module I have seen 3-4 4-mix's with bad modules. They would either just pop when starting all the way to running for a while then quiting and not starting or hard starting. Chased some of those problems for awhile. Just an idea.

One of our BR600s is having some issues staying running. It fires up, but stalls out after 20 seconds. When is stalls, it seems like it's running out of gas and it sputters for 5 sec. or more, then stalls. This one is about 3-4 years old and the plug was replaced a couple years ago. Could it be a plug or does it need carb adjustment or cleaning and if one of the latter, how do I do it?

Check for cracked fuel hoses at the top of the tank, a known issue with those blowers. They have a updated fuel hose kit to resolve that problem. If your fuel hoses do not have a rubber boot over the ends of them right where they attach to the top of the tank you have the hoses with the known issue of cracking. A cracked hose will cause that blower to do exactly what your describing. New hose kit for that thing cost about $7.00, well worth it..

Check for cracked fuel hoses at the top of the tank, a known issue with those blowers. They have a updated fuel hose kit to resolve that problem. If your fuel hoses do not have a rubber boot over the ends of them right where they attach to the top of the tank you have the hoses with the known issue of cracking. A cracked hose will cause that blower to do exactly what your describing. New hose kit for that thing cost about $7.00, well worth it..

The new hose you speak of, is it the one that uses 2 filter's?

TT

The new hose you speak of, is it the one that uses 2 filter's?

TT

All those blowers use a fuel hose and a primer hose that attaches to the top of the tank. The newer ones have rubber boots over the end of the hoses to prevent them from cracking, they take a good bend coming from the tank head to the carb. The slightest crack in those hoses will really make that blower act up. The new hose kit really works well.

Latest posts

Back