Stihl BR600 or BR700 blower?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolbrze

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We've always run Stihl BR600 blowers & are in the market for another blower. I see that Stihl now has a BR700 in the line-up. I talked to my local Stihl dealer & for what we do (tree work), he said the 600 is better suited while the 700 is better for large leaf jobs. Is this right? Anyone used both & if so, how do they compare & what would you recommend?

I was told the 600 is better at wet stuck leaves and the 700 is more for moving larger amounts of dryer leaves. It's a speed vs volume thing. I never ran a 700 but like my 600 cause we get a lot of rain.

I've got both, they are functionally very similar at moving debris. I like the br600 handle/tube better, it's quite a bit lighter and easier to swing back and forth at a good pace.

They are both great blowers, the 700 is just that much more powerful and the guys using it love the fact they can adjust the tube. There is only a 50.00 difference but over 200 more CFM is a big help.
The 600 is a work horse for sure but the 700 is making the grade with all the pros I deal with.

Back