Stihl calendars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ummmm. I just might have to break down and buy a stihl... if the dealer throws in a extra chain, some ppe, and oh yea, one of dem calenders! I want to see too!

To throw in all that I assume your more than willing to pay full retail for the saw?,hmmmmmmmmmmm

Define

What the H is "pouty" ???
Should I care ???:blob2: :blob2:
Thank G the ground is finally frost hard :taped: :taped: , and real chainsaws can get out and do, not pout over some flesh:rockn: .
Oh yeah, you Boston Bull, send me one :bang: :bang: NOW

It's all in your head.... :D

I actually didn't even look at the details - just snapped a few pics.. If it offends anyone I'll remove it pronto..

Well Lake I must admit I saw it and was very offended. So bad I had to call the preacher and get re-saved. Now that I am you take them pics down I'll have to shoot ya,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

My distributor in my area will not offer these calenders to us. Something about showing a little skin turns them away. I was able to get one of the quickcut calenders this year and wish I could get one for 2007.

No Quickcut calender for 2007 -Stihl USA made them for 2006 only, and Stihl Germany flipped out...

They aren't hard to get. Just place your order boys, I just ordered 100 of them. I will have to charge e-bay prices though, :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

If you did order them, I'm sure you can sell a lot of them right here. Ebay prices or not, it's probably best to support our own. ;) If I have to pay the price anyways, I might just as well pay one of the group, as opposed to some random stranger.

What the H is "pouty" ???
Should I care ???:blob2: :blob2:
Thank G the ground is finally frost hard :taped: :taped: , and real chainsaws can get out and do, not pout over some flesh:rockn: .
Oh yeah, you Boston Bull, send me one :bang: :bang: NOW

What part of ME are you in? Come down and check us out.....at the least you'll get a free calendar out of the sale.

It's all in your head.... :D

I actually didn't even look at the details - just snapped a few pics.. If it offends anyone I'll remove it pronto..

I don't think so, and Sqwerl seem to be there, to take advantage.....:D :laugh: :biggrinbounce2:

..how anyone would be offended by that picture escapes me.....

Is this the one you want..............calendar that is ;)

Nope, that's the regular one. The Cutquik calendar of last year had more of "the girl next door" look to it. All the girls in the regular calendar are the skin and bones cover-model type. Not that I'd kick any of them out of my house, but chicks that are a size 0 are too skinny for me.

Just stopped by my local dealer, he said he can't get them anymore-even if he orders them in JULY! He did buy one off evilbay himself, and yes your are seeing what you think in Novembers. I think I will also keep my cut-off saw calender from 2006 hanging, hell I don't care what day it is anyway.

I send Stihl an Email, basically saying that they probably spend a lot of time and money on their promotional/advertising items, yet they are not getting to the people that really want them. I don't know if it's Stihl's fault, the dealer's, or maybe a supply problem. But, I just wanted to let them know about it, and was saddened that I was getting nothing from the dealers around me. They replied today, and said that dealers act on their own, and they have no control over them, and that if I wanted to get stuff, I can go to Cabella's and buy it.

Does that strike anyone else as a bit.... I don't know... stuck up or something?

In the end, it's advertising. We are advertising for them, by wearing their clothing, using their keychains, bumper stickers, etc. Why would I *PAY* to avertise something? I'm getting nothing from it. The least they can do is give their stuff for free. They're still getting the advertising out of it.

What do you all think of this?

Does that strike anyone else as a bit.... I don't know... stuck up or something?

What do you all think of this?

I don't think it's stuck up. What can they do? They could send out mass mailings of calendars to all their dealers like they do catalogs, or they could send one directly to you for free.....they could.....and they could afford to. But I think they've been bitten by the ebay bug in which all of their IPLs that they gave for free ended up there on disc for grossly inflated prices to unsuspecting buyers.

And I don't think Stihl is any different than any other major company. Call Snap-On or Miller Lite or any other company that has a girlie calendar and see what they tell you. They'd probably say to go find a dealer, or kindly direct you to a web site where you can get one.

Sorry man, I just think it's the price of business. ;) :angel:

And that's probably why Stihl doesn't just hand them out to everyone. They know local customers still wouldn't get as many of them if they just showed up in boxes of 100 on every dealer's steps. You can get one at my dealer for like $5, if the don't just give you one for being a good customer.

Andy, Tom, what's Stihl's policy for internet sales of calendars? It appears as though it's allowed, or just not addressed.

Local Stihl dealer delivered one to us personally. He asked if Dolmar had a calendar. I told him Dolmar saws are too pretty and the models would wind up quitting the business.

I'm amazed at how much Stihl spends on advertising. If they spent a few of those dollars on R & D their fuel caps wouldn't leak and they wouldn't need 30 models of saw. Engine, bar, chain = tree fall down. Pretty simple. Only need 5 or 6 saws. Little, medium, big, really big and top-handle. That's it.

Not to mention they could lower the price of there saws.

Back