stihl carcass ID by serial #

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifixbuses

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was just given a saw from a coworker all the plastics are missing his son threw them away. I have the serial number he thinks it is an 044 I dont even know where to start loking for parts.
Any way the serial # is 127396887
Piston and cylinder are crap carb and the rest of the saw looks good con rod seems ok (side to side movement no up and down) chain brake is missing this may end up a slowly get the parts going saw instead of a quicky fix.
Thanks to anyone that can run the numbers for me

No way the ID a Stihl by the serial number. If you can find a few part numbers, that all begin with the same four digits, you may be in luck. Pictures would also help greatly.

EDIT:
I can tell you the 044 has a bore diameter of 50mm. If the saw still has the fuel tank installed get the first four digits of the part number on the bottom.

Last edited:
First 4 numbers of a part # probably won't help you in this case, 044's, 046's and the 440's460's all share the same 'family' number of 1128. Post up a picture, most of the guys on here will be able to tell just by looking at it what model you've got!

Good luck with it!

found the number onder the handle it was 1128 791 1000 quick google search says 044 handle ?

1128-350-0832 is the tank/handle assembly number in the 044 IPL. What's on the part you have may be completely irrelevant to the actual Stihl part number anyway. I'll check mine when I get home. Probably 1128-791-1000!

1128-350-0832 is the tank/handle assembly number in the 044 IPL. What's on the part you have may be completely irrelevant to the actual Stihl part number anyway. I'll check mine when I get home. Probably 1128-791-1000.

Yup. 1128-791-1000

But it sounds like ya have bigger problems than identifying the carcass according to your other thread. "Carcass" may be an understatement to what it is you actually you have on your hands.

Poge

Back