Stihl chain on an Echo??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valerossi

Reaction score
I've got an Echo CS670 with 24in bar, I went into the shop today to change the chain and just as I am about to put a new chain on that was just sharpned I noticed the chain read STIHL on it. The chain that was on the saw isthe original chain, I am not sure of the dimensions however comparing the 2 chains I can noticable see that the guage on the Stihl branded saw is larger. The pitch on them both are 3/8.

Now we've used this chain before, I just noticed now that it reads Stihl,however we have been noticing the bar tip is getting very very wore and almost like its splitting open. After looking thru my supply of chains I notice I have another 24in Stihl chain.

So I guess my question is should I be using these Stihl chains on my Echo???

It sounds to me like your Stihl chains are .063 gauge. I may be wrong, but I think your Echo bar is .050 gauge. Most shops sell a tool that you can check what size of gauge your chain is. They are cheap. You can run the Stihl .063 chain, but you will have to find a bar that is .063 that will fit your Echo. I don't know if Echo makes an .063 bar, maybe Oregon? If you are wanting to run Stihl chain you can get it in .050 that will work on a .050 Echo bar. I guess what I'm trying to say is match your bar size gauge with your chain gauge.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back