Stihl chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I can get a 32" Stihl ES for 70 bucks!

Why not get a Husqvarna bar? If you order an Oregon Powermatch bar from Bailey's (site sponsor) for a Husqvarna, it will come painted in Husqvarna colors and in Husqvarna packaging. They are a good bar, and cheaper than the GB or Cannon too!

Gary

So what you are saying is that stihl does not make a bar to fit the 371,I thought for sure I saw a picture on this site with a guy cutting wood with his 371 and a stihl bar. Chub

It is possible to use the medium mount Stihl bars (for 240 to 660, minus 250) on the 371xp etc, but you need a special adapter, and the dl number marked on the bar will not allways add up....:)

Last edited:
Got the price for the gb cn40 pro titanum today $68 so its about the same price as the cannon. Now just to figure out which is the better of the two. Chub

There is some Stihl 3/8 x .058 RS still around

If your bar isn't ruined you can probably still find some Stihl 3/8 Pitch .058 gauge chain. I found a dealer that had some left on a roll and made me some loops of RS. The number you can refer to is "35RS-72" because I think you need 72 drivers for a 20" 3/8 bar. You can also order Oregon 73LG or 73LGX from Bailey's? or numerous online sources for pretty good prices. LG/LGX is a pretty good chain also.

It is possible to use the medium mount Stihl bars (for 240 to 660, minus 250) on the 371xp etc, but you need a special adapter, and the dl number marked on the bar will not allways add up....:)

And you either need to make the adjustment hole in another location, or make the stud slot longer.

I have made them work, but it isn't a bolt on deal like the dolmar with the stihl bar adapter.

My bar should be replaced so I am just going to go with a .050 gauge because the dealer where I buy loops only carys .050. Stihl does make .o58 chains because I checked. My other saw is .50 so I will just match that one. I did find out that the cannon has an orgeon tip and the gb has there tip.So for ten dollars difference what would you guys pick the cannon with orgeon tip or the gb CN40 Pro titanium,I can get the gb at the dealer where I buy the chains which is nice. The saw is a 371xp just in case anyone ever tried these configurations before, the advise would be helpfull. Chub

Back