Stihl club

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whats better Stihl or Husky?

• Stihl

Votes: 93 81.6%
  • Husky

Votes: 21 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
She is near right. New fuel filter and spark plug as well as a carb rebuild today. That little mother is gonna get run hard tomorrow. Se was dyin on me, didnt want to idle warm or restart. She was running nice after the work, and tomorrow we shall see if my work will pay off. I pres/vac tested it as well, and perfect. I am willing to be patient with this little saw, I have wanted one for a long time. :greenchainsaw:

Trust me if its right that saw will run many many years. I getem in the shop all the time. Look like they been in a war. 20 plus years old, owners say fix it, don't care what it costs. Those saws have a big following....

Careful there matt, ole Space is study'n to be a lieyer ya know, which means he really gets off on arguing from a losing position....... and this aint his first rodeo. :laugh:

Its all clean fun (Sorta)we mean no harm LOL. Ill let up on my buddy SPACE

Oh, I'm not looking for anyone to take it easy on ole Rex.

I was merely stating an observation.

Rex can well enough take care of himself. Once you've been here a while, it will be evident.

Also, I haven't been here long, but I don't really remember of Space ever getting really rattled. I could have easily missed it though. Lots of threads on here.

Oh, I'm not looking for anyone to take it easy on ole Rex.

I was merely stating an observation.

Rex can well enough take care of himself. Once you've been here a while, it will be evident.

Also, I haven't been here long, but I don't really remember of Space ever getting really rattled. I could have easily missed it though. Lots of threads on here.

True, he does quite well.

Trust me if its right that saw will run many many years. I getem in the shop all the time. Look like they been in a war. 20 plus years old, owners say fix it, don't care what it costs. Those saws have a big following....

Gatta love the ones who have been coming in with snow blowers and say fix them ill wait??? WHAT?? are you mad i have 20 of them in line you let it sit all summer and now you want it in 2 minuts? sorry budd you outa luck.
"prevention is key" I tell them every year how to not have the problems that cost them but they dont learn. If somone has soemthing that in bad shape and i want it i say ill cut it off your price of a differnt one if you give me the old one and iv onley had one person say no.

Careful there matt, ole Space is study'n to be a lieyer ya know, which means he really gets off on arguing from a losing position....... and this aint his first rodeo. :laugh:

Yep he stays on the lossing side most of the time but once in a while those gusts of wind come and push him over to the winning side of the fence. LOL

I would hope no one would really take a internet post personal, somone 1000 miles away has no effect on me but we all have to have soem fun.
Thanks for the posts it shows what peopel think when they see ower hits to space. Im confident hill get me back...

Lucy's first picnic

Got to run the first three tanks through Lucy today. 1 - 14" cookie and lots & lots of 18" wedges & noodles galore. 10-18" dia oak rounds.

A few tach runs showed 11k-12k in the cut being a happy spot. Not dogged but nor babying either. 18" of rip on a sharp 20" RSC. 460 vs whatever, this is a strong saw.

DSCF1665.jpg

DSCF1678.jpg

DSCF1680.jpg

I think I'll keep her...

I would hope no one would really take a internet post personal, somone 1000 miles away has no effect on me but we all have to have soem fun.
Thanks for the posts it shows what peopel think when they see ower hits to space. Im confident hill get me back...

sorry for starting the whole space fight i really hijacked the thread

Dam Hackers!!

Ye steh 460s a great saw i just go the 660 and wow! My next saw is a one had clibe rthen a 044 or 440 441 or 460, screw it ill just get them all. Just take a few shots befor i signe the bill and theirs no going back...
Matt :givebeer:

Back