Stihl club

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whats better Stihl or Husky?

• Stihl

Votes: 93 81.6%
  • Husky

Votes: 21 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tom,

What's up with some of those saws having orange rear handles?

I dont see any orange handles? the bottom pice your suposed to put your foot to start it? My 039 has that inform me if i am being dum agian.

I see. I'd really like to be quiet about it all and stuff.

Maybe we can work something out. I do have a few gaps in my chainsaw lineup.:greenchainsaw:

Beleive it or not I got another rack with four more of those orange handle saws waiting for heart transplants. I took one of those 290's and redid it to a 390. All you have to do is change the jet in the carb when you go from a 290 cylinder to a 390 cylinder. That saw comes very very close to my 361 cut wise.

Its the one sitting near the post on the floor. That saw really runs good...

I dont see any orange handles? the bottom pice your suposed to put your foot to start it? My 039 has that inform me if i am being dum agian.

PA means the back trigger handle. The bottom parts are orange. If you look close there are more white back handles in that line up than orange.

The white back handles are on the pro Stihl's. The orange hande ones are homeowner. That is unitll you go back many years. Some Stihl pro saws had orange bottom back handles that were considered a pro saw like the old 031 and such..

Beleive it or not I got another rack with four more of those orange handle saws waiting for heart transplants. I took one of those 290's and redid it to a 390. All you have to do is change the jet in the carb when you go from a 290 cylinder to a 390 cylinder. That saw comes very very close to my 361 cut wise.

Its the one sitting near the post on the floor. That saw really runs good...

I am a little concerned. I only see one 441 in the pic. Can it be?

PA means the back trigger handle. The bottom parts are orange. If you look close there are more white back handles in that line up than orange.

The white back handles are on the pro Stihl's. The orange hande ones are homeowner. That is unitll you go back many years. Some Stihl pro saws had orange bottom back handles that were considered a pro saw like the old 031 and such..

Oh i gotcha my 032 is white my 039 in white or orange idk orange i think and my 660 is of course white :greenchainsaw:
Out of all those saw which one do you run the most?
Matt

Oh i gotcha my 032 is white my 039 in white or orange idk orange i think and my 660 is of course white :greenchainsaw:
Out of all those saw which one do you run the most?
Matt

My favorite is my one of my little 026's. I got a few of those. They are dead solid reliable and have never let me down. Whenever I go make a buck a 026 goes on the truck.

Next up saw wise is that 441. Super smooth, easy on fuel, good cutter.
Next up is that new 660 I fired up not long ago. That thing is fun..

I am a little concerned. I only see one 441 in the pic. Can it be?

PA I was just thinking. I got another 039 out in the shed in good shape but needs a cylinder/piston and maybe a carb cleaning. Saw is in real good shape. You want to fill that gap with a orange handle your welcome to it. I don't need two of em..

My favorite is my one of my little 026's. I got a few of those. They are dead solid reliable and have never let me down. Whenever I go make a buck a 026 goes on the truck.

Next up saw wise is that 441. Super smooth, easy on fuel, good cutter.
Next up is that new 660 I fired up not long ago. That thing is fun..

Now how about that.

Just cut some wood on Monday. The two saws on the job...

Yep, 026 and the 441. Didn't run the little saw, but it did get a ride in the truck just the same.

PA I was just thinking. I got another 039 out in the shed in good shape but needs a cylinder/piston and maybe a carb cleaning. Saw is in real good shape. You want to fill that gap with a orange handle your welcome to it. I don't need two of em..

Sure, I'm interested. I'll get a pm sent.

Thanks.

Last edited:
MS260 goes to every tree I cut :clap: It goes up from there depending on the size of the tree, but it's usually 260/460 combo or the. 260, 044, and a 660.:cheers:

MS260 goes to every tree I cut :clap: It goes up from there depending on the size of the tree, but it's usually 260/460 combo or the. 260, 044, and a 660.:cheers:

I like my 026/260's

Ya know I was talking with a man down in NC. Seems he's up to no good. I saw the carb he's putting on a 026 he's fooling with, unreal. If that saw will handle that much fuel it should be a bad mother. The carb is off a 880, dayumm thing is huge..

Latest posts

Back