Stihl crankshaft removal tools $

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPETER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anybody have a ballpark figure on what the SST' AS and ZS cost?

I would like them to rebuild saws but I am afraid to go to the dealer and ask!:cry:

Has anybody tried to fabricate them?

Im not sure what tools those are specifically but there was a thread a while ago that someone showed making a homemade one from a piece of angle iron and a regular 2 jawed puller. You drill holes in angle for bar studs then drill hole over crank. Put puller on angle and push on crankshaft. :)

That is sweet! It looks very easy to fab (didint see that post before I will be sure to search next time!).

If I may ask what did you do to remove the flywheel side crank shaft. In the stihl FSM it shows another tool that removes the crank from the flywheel side case. That same SST is shown to pull the case together as well.

It looks as though you need the two SST's to break the saw down, am I correct?

I published a thread a while back that shows both the factory and homemade tools being used. Maybe someone could search for it ....(as practise on using search ;))

I used home made tools for a long time before I bought the factory tools... They are not inxexpensive..

Thanks Guys!

Lakeside you have some nice threads that will help me out big time. Thanks alot for taking the time!

It will cost you in the neighborhood of 450.00 for just those two factory tools. :eek: if you can find a dealer who will sell them to you.

Just follow Lakes thread.... with a little creative thinking you can get it done no sweat.

Back