Stihl dealer "009, 010, 011 OEM spark plug boots NLA same with reed valves"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickhamWood

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
As the thread title says, today I was getting a million little things for my rapidly growing collection of 1980's Stihls and I was hoping to get two spark plug boots one for a 011 and one for a 012. I was SOL and told they are NLA. Is this accurate? My normal parts guy was not at the shop today, so I am just curious if someone could confirm this is the case. I also struck out on replacement reed valves, was told they are NLA as well.
If there are no longer Stihl angled spark plug boots, do I have alternate options through other dealers? I prefer to purchase locally from family businesses instead of ordering parts online.

1128 405 1000 SPARK PLUG TERMINAL $5.99
0000 998 0604 SPRING $1.54
This is from last year's pricelist.

Thank you, HarleyT! I will take in the part numbers and see if the dealer can produce them. Any idea on the reed valve? I believe this is what the part is called... It is composed of two rectangular steel pieces held with a screw at one end on the bottom of the carburetor manifold. I am very new to this so I apologize for incorrect terminology.

Is there a specific place I should request the parts, like a specific subforum? I am trying to avoid pissing off the veteran contributors on here!

Is there a specific place I should request the parts, like a specific subforum? I am trying to avoid pissing off the veteran contributors on here!
I think that there is a forum here somewhere. But never worry, you will piss off someone here anyway.
So I just let it fly with both barrels!

Latest posts

Back