Stihl Dealers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparel seems to be IMPOSSIBLE to find. I've never seen a single item in ANY shop I've been in. Probably about 8 different shops. I wish they would at least sell THAT stuff online.

there's a shop quite a ways from me that used to have some stuff..t-shirts and stuff...I'll try to remember and call them tomorrow and ask about it.

We carry full line of bars up to 36", the owner has been a Stihl/Echo dealer for well over 30 years, knows his stuff. Head saw tech has over 35 years expierence wrenching on saws, used to own his own dealership, selling Stihl, Husky and Dolmar, Gold Tech, in the six weeks I've been there only one part we haven't had a sprocket for a 012. We have a ton of inventory on parts plus a 40x40 full of parts saws of all brands. Some dealers are better than others irregardless of the brand. We carry about every kind of chain Stihl makes including full skip and half skip even square ground. If it's not on the shelf we'll spin one up in a hurry.

I wish we had a dealer around here like that.

I also agree on the apparel, I am getting to an age where a nice pair of suspenders would come in handy, and what better way to advertise for our favorite saw brand, and maybe a few hats to cover my sensitive skin on my head.

I wish we had a dealer around here like that.

I also agree on the apparel, I am getting to an age where a nice pair of suspenders would come in handy, and what better way to advertise for our favorite saw brand, and maybe a few hats to cover my sensitive skin on my head.

Years ago the dealer that my dad used always gave me a hat or something when I would go in there with my dad....years ago tho it pretty hard to go into any shop when you were 7-8 years old without the older gentlemen hooking you up with at least a bottle of pop.

We also carry apparel, T-shirts, shirts, jackets, hats, glasses, knives, signs, totes, gloves, pretty much what ever. If we don't we'll order it in for you and Stihl candy on the front counter at all times, just help yourself. Echo just carry saws, blowers, trimmers, polesaws and hats. Shindawia we just carry trimmers.

We also carry apparel, T-shirts, shirts, jackets, hats, glasses, knives, signs, totes, gloves, pretty much what ever. If we don't we'll order it in for you and Stihl candy on the front counter at all times, just help yourself. Echo just carry saws, blowers, trimmers, polesaws and hats. Shindawia we just carry trimmers.

What town are you located in? I get down in the SW part of the state occasionally on business and would like to stop by the shop.

We're lovated in Monett, Missouri at the Coast to Coast location, there is another Stihl dealer across town that sells Husky and Stihl.

yea tell me about it, i've been waitingon a stihl 461r for 2 weeks and its not even far away at the CT warehouse. i call the dealer everyday because i already put down 500 bucks on it and i want them to put psi on the distributor in CT, the dealer always sounds like he doesnt care what you want or how long it takes you to get something ...i offered to drive out there to get it and they said that even the dealer cant even drive out to the warehouse to get stuff...stihl also dont allow their dealers to ship new saws or parts to customers you have to go there to get it or the dealer has to drive it to you...anyways, today i went to a big husky dealer, located about 25 miles away, they were awesome. they had a whole bunch of husky chain saws there from a 3120 down to toppers and everything in between and all the newer releases. they had a 6 foot bar there too which ive never seen in person..pretty cool to see. so yea, i might be switching my order from a stihl 461r to a husqvarna 372xpw if that 461 isnt here before this friday.

We're lovated in Monett, Missouri at the Coast to Coast location, there is another Stihl dealer across town that sells Husky and Stihl.

Man, could we use a shop like this around our parts. Especially somewhere you can buy all brands, on TOP of good service and stock.

I like my local Stihl dealer, he knows his stuff. But I liked him better when he sold Husky.:msp_wink:

I wonder about my new local Husky dealer however. About 3 months ago I asked him when the 550XP would be arriving to Canada. He said husky makes no such saw. I left.

Went to the big Stihl dealer for a very common part, a 034 flywheel key, this key fits quite a few saws, he tells me he will have to order it. $1.50 for the key $3.50 for shipping, needless to say I went home and shaved down a ms290 key. I do still frequent the parts department I just don't order anything. There is just something about the fellows behind the counter, characters all of them.

Same for me, when I was putting my 029 to 039 build together I went to the dealer for a new impulse line and intake boot. I was told they would have to order them!:confused: Really? This on supposedly Sthils most popular saw!! Could not believe it and these guys are big in my area. One of the reasons I bought my KM 130 from them. They were great selling me the KM, but when I had questions about why my 029 broke the piston and wanted to ask their mechanic I was told "I'll go ask him he's really busy". Okay if he's so busy why did he have to help you look up the plug for the decompression port for 20 minutes, then proceed to the shop to return with one out of a head kit. I will try another dealer when it comes time to buy a bigger pro saw.

Got my two chains and Bar today (from Ebay) - brand new, perfect, quick, cheap.

The new RS chains are out, meaning labeled RS on the box but are RSC as the cutter is stamped with a C.

Got my two chains and Bar today (from Ebay) - brand new, perfect, quick, cheap.

The new RS chains are out, meaning labeled RS on the box but are RSC as the cutter is stamped with a C.

Yes, it has been out for a while. They are doing their best to confuse their dealers and costumers.

Of course it takes some time before all old stock has been sold, and the dealers will have to answer many questions....:laugh:

How in the h ell did you do this!!!!???????

just curious.........

Put the key in my little vice and used a round dremmel stone to grind it down, had to check a few times to make sure I removed enough material. It was actually easier than I thought it would be.

yea tell me about it, i've been waitingon a stihl 461r for 2 weeks and its not even far away at the CT warehouse. i call the dealer everyday because i already put down 500 bucks on it and i want them to put psi on the distributor in CT, the dealer always sounds like he doesnt care what you want or how long it takes you to get something ...i offered to drive out there to get it and they said that even the dealer cant even drive out to the warehouse to get stuff...stihl also dont allow their dealers to ship new saws or parts to customers you have to go there to get it or the dealer has to drive it to you...anyways, today i went to a big husky dealer, located about 25 miles away, they were awesome. they had a whole bunch of husky chain saws there from a 3120 down to toppers and everything in between and all the newer releases. they had a 6 foot bar there too which ive never seen in person..pretty cool to see. so yea, i might be switching my order from a stihl 461r to a husqvarna 372xpw if that 461 isnt here before this friday.

And you keep buying Stihls?

Put the key in my little vice and used a round dremmel stone to grind it down, had to check a few times to make sure I removed enough material. It was actually easier than I thought it would be.[/QUOTE

The key is intergrated into the flywheel. The is no separate key. How did you get it out?

Same for me, when I was putting my 029 to 039 build together I went to the dealer for a new impulse line and intake boot. I was told they would have to order them!:confused: Really? This on supposedly Sthils most popular saw!! Could not believe it and these guys are big in my area. One of the reasons I bought my KM 130 from them. They were great selling me the KM, but when I had questions about why my 029 broke the piston and wanted to ask their mechanic I was told "I'll go ask him he's really busy". Okay if he's so busy why did he have to help you look up the plug for the decompression port for 20 minutes, then proceed to the shop to return with one out of a head kit. I will try another dealer when it comes time to buy a bigger pro saw.

I have only been inside a couple hundred of the 1127 series saws. I have never seen an intake boot or impulse line fail from age on one of those. Even on saws with crank seals hard as cement, the impulse and intake are still good. Why would a dealer stock a part they'll likely never sell?

As for the mechanic, when I am there I AM the guy who is really busy. I do try to help customers when possible. Sadly, if I spend all my time answering questions then I'll never get any work done. This gets to be a problem when folks want their $1000+ cement saw back. You do the math. Sounds like the total parts you bought were about $35 retail, which the dealer makes less than half of minus shipping. It would not take very long at all for the shop to loose more than the $14 they made on your parts by having the mechanic off task. If you have questions about why your piston broke, ask them here. That is what AS is all about.

Back