stihl knock offs on aussie ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porky616

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i dont know how to post links but i just saw some chinese knock off stihls and a husky on aussie ebay, wonder how long before they get nailed by the big boys. the show them as non genuine stihls from ms170 to ms290. and the look dam nasty

i dont know how to post links but i just saw some chinese knock off stihls and a husky on aussie ebay, wonder how long before they get nailed by the big boys. the show them as non genuine stihls from ms170 to ms290. and the look dam nasty

Really!! I never heard of this before, not that I would ever by one from eBay.. I did take a quick look and did not see anything in my search.. but then again maybe not using right search criteria. :chainsaw:

Hey at least there honest about it,,better than most fleebayers

Chainsaw NON Genuine MS180 (35cc) 16inch Bar

title says it all

Sad part is that it's hard to pursue these companies legally that make this crap, both Stihl and Husky will spend substantial money and time to put a stop to this, who picks up that tab in the end....us the legitimate consumer.

It happens in all industries, Mossy Oak and Real Tree were plagued by counterfeit goods being brought in.

chi-com saws

A bro of mine is a professional chainsaw carver, on a recent trip to Europe a Chinese company gave him a small saw to try. It is a copy of a Redmax top handle saw, very poor fit and finish, 25-1 mix (he's running it at 50-1), the starter cord broke the first time he used it. It has a switch in front of the starter housing that you wind the starter up, and when you push it, it unwinds the spring,and spins the motor over, they had this feature on lawn mowers in the 60's, didn't work to well then. This saw could be started by any 4 year old nosing around. It is way down on power for a saw this size, noisy, and feels like a rubber band with a motor attached. Hope I never see another. He's trying to blow it up for an excuse to dismantle the alien object.:chainsaw:

Sad part is that it's hard to pursue these companies legally that make this crap, both Stihl and Husky will spend substantial money and time to put a stop to this, who picks up that tab in the end....us the legitimate consumer.

It happens in all industries, Mossy Oak and Real Tree were plagued by counterfeit goods being brought in.

It does happen in all industries. I suspect that Stihl and Husky will simply ignore it, as they know their main cash flow comes from customers who will not even look twice at a knock off. But I could be wrong.

Anyone legally representing Stihl or Husky can shut these types of auctions down on Ebay. It is quite easy to do, actually.

Anyone legally representing Stihl or Husky can shut these types of auctions down on Ebay. It is quite easy to do, actually.

Likely so, although there are other items (many in electronic areas apparently) where knock offs are sold. They are not trying to represent the real thing, clearly stating they are completely interchangeable, inter-workable, whatever.. but not the real item. But they look identical to the real item other than the logo!! My brother works in the high end electronic area and sees it a lot.. anywhere you have high quality and expensive stuff somebody will copy it.

Even if they do shut down on eBay, will still continue elsewhere.

I wonder if they are copied so well that the parts are interchangeable, like the
Honda "knockoffs".

MMMMMnnnnnn.

How much to ship to the U.S.???????

Even if they do shut down on eBay, will still continue elsewhere.

Oh yes, they are everywhere. You can even become a distributor directly on many Chinese chainsaw knockoff web sites. Or sell them on Craigslist, like that Husky 372 that I posted a warning about. I flagged the PNW ad myself to get it booted off of CL. There are probably 100 more in other cities on CL though. I will have done my part if I succeed in keeping one person from getting ripped off (here or on CL).

Come 2010 though, the EPA and the feds willl take a keen interest in them and shut a lot of it down. The flip side to losing the 372 and the 361 and a hundred other great saws is that supposedly the flood of crap small engine stuff from China will be stopped. In theory anyway.

really gives me the irrits as i cant just type in chainsaw on ebay or i get flooded with all the crap "number one power seller 2200w 18"" etc etc i just type in stihl or husqvarna chainsaw, but then i don't get dolmar mac etc.

Latest posts

Back