Stihl "log" side cover tags - PUT YOUR NAME DOWN!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patrick...

I love the Irish, Scotsmen and Guinness! The landscape and pub music is unbeatable!

If you need some help with the initial expense, up front money, let me know and I'll PayPal to you.

This is exciting, what a world wide group of enthusiasts we have here on AS and generous too.

...Carl

Many thanks for the generous offer, Carl, but I'm fine for the up front costs. I suppose if not everyone has paypal, someone could "nominate" themselves to recieve any needed US$ checks, cash them all into their own account, then paypal the whole sum through at once? I know some of you old codgers aren't too hot at the computery stuff... :D

Many thanks for the generous offer, Carl, but I'm fine for the up front costs. I suppose if not everyone has paypal, someone could "nominate" themselves to recieve any needed US$ checks, cash them all into their own account, then paypal the whole sum through at once? I know some of you old codgers aren't too hot at the computery stuff... :D

I've got excess $$ in my paythieves account. If somebody wants me to convert their $$ to paythieves pounds I could do it. Or if somebody else who's been here for more than a year wants to do it, that might be better.

Patrick;

I notice most folks are ordering in fours to sixes. What kind of count are you up to now? Just curious.

Not sure, I've only got 20 fingers and toes. :D

It's looking good though, should keep things nice and cheap!

I'm going to stop this at 7PM (GMT) on Saturday - NO orders after then. By then everyone who would be interested should have had their chance to see the post and decide if they want to get some tags and help out a good cause at the same time.

Cheers,

Patrick.

Edit - I'm at work, I'm a Mechanical Design Engineer, and it still took me 10 minutes to find a calculator. :D
So far we are bang on 150 tags. Get your orders in ladies and gentlemen, we might hit 175!

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd make sure the money is coming in before laying down the cash with badge maker. I'm no maths expert, but you've got a chunky order going in there - at least $1000, probably closer to $2000 if they are about $10 each.

Let us know the payment process in advance!

(With a bit of luck I'm going to do the same thing with a batch of Contra pistons, I'm in negotiation with Wiseco at the moment....)

Right fellas, there could be a slight (1$ each) change in pricing to this, depending on what the general consensus is.
I have just spoken to the badge man, and he says that an initial, one-off badge (at $180) would not in fact include the setup costs for the big run.
So, if you want me to have one done and check it against a NOS one myself and report back - this will add a dollar or so to the price of each badge, and also a 15-20 working day delay to production - production will already be 15-20 working days for the big run although he says he can "push it through" a bit faster than that.
He says, however, that I can send him the NOS badge (once the bloody thing arrives!), and then phone him again and he can tell me exactly how close he can get to it, and we can discuss options.
To me, the second option sounds like the better - the guy knows his stuff, from our phone conversation (I've given up emailing, don't think he checks it too often!), and sounds trustworthy.
If the badges arrive and are not good enough, I'll simply do a credit card chargeback and send them back to him - but I think this is very unlikely, he's seen a very hi-res macro picture of one of my badges, and is confident he can reproduce the finish.

So, what is the general consensus? Have a test one made, bump up the price a bit and wait longer, or trust the mans judgement as to whether he can get them perfect or not? He does do this for a living, after all, and I've made it VERY clear to him already that they need to be basically exactly as NOS.

Up to you, gents - all opinions welcomed.

Oh, and order more at the same time as you give your opinion - if we can hit 200, the price is looking to be just $2.25 per tag to be exact, plus postage (as stated earlier in the thread) of around $1.50 per complete order, and your (optional) donation of a dollar or two per badge to charity. What a bargain! Stock up for the future, you never know what you might buy!:clap::)

If I were you, I'd make sure the money is coming in before laying down the cash with badge maker. I'm no maths expert, but you've got a chunky order going in there - at least $1000, probably closer to $2000 if they are about $10 each.

Let us know the payment process in advance!

(With a bit of luck I'm going to do the same thing with a batch of Contra pistons, I'm in negotiation with Wiseco at the moment....)

They're looking to be a lot cheaper than that, RXE - check the post below!

Oh, and if Wiseco don't do rings for the pistons if you do get them produced, I know of a man who can make them to any standard (lots of!) or custom size - let me know if you need his details.

Last edited:
TO QUOTE YOU PATRICK
If the badges arrive and are not good enough, I'll simply do a credit card chargeback and send them back to him - but I think this is very unlikely, he's seen a very hi-res macro picture of one of my badges, and is confident he can reproduce the finish.

Get him to make those babies up.....

cut /stamp them out
drill
throw the transfer on them......not rocket surgery. :)

ALL SYSTEMS GO PATRICK

I think that's probably the best option, but wanted to check with people first, get a few opinions...
No transfers here by the way, these are anodised. Quality through and through, hehe.

The 3 badges I have definitely don't look like transfers - maybe the ones you saw were for a different application? Regardless, the "Man Who Can" will be able to tell me and change to suit, they do all sorts of production labels from transfers, screen printing, engraving, adhesive foil overlays, etc...

I don't have (yet) a saw to put them on. I guess this would necesitate finding one. However, I'll take 6.

Thanks,

Gentlemen, we have a winner:

I don't have (yet) a saw to put them on. I guess this would necesitate finding one. However, I'll take 6.

This is the new definition of CAD. A man who buys a stock of parts for a saw that he plans to own in the future.

Awesome! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back