Stihl MS 261 and 362 get an Update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

yes the have aluminium bolts. But the most weight reduce is by mounting a other plastic handle. The version with heating handle will just be 100g lighter.

Some say the new sidecover will not fit the "old" 261 and 362, but i think there is a way to mount it.

The new Stihlcatalog says: Stihl MS 261 4,1 HP and 4,9kg - Stihl MS 362 4,8 HP and 5,6kg. Specs are for the normal version without VW, Q, R and so on ...

Lg

5.6 is just over 12 and 1/3 lbs. If they make a 60 cc saw that light with even more power, they have really got something.

Did not know this was in the works, but hopefully it will indicate good news for the return of the 441 (or 442???).

The 362 C is a much newer saw than the 441 C, so I can not imagine them re working one and not the other.

Would be nice to see a 70 cc saw under 14 lbs again!

Well what do you guys expect? After years of posting here, sooner or later those engineeridiots of Stihl have to learn something from Brad, the monkey and all others... It was clearly visible after the renewel of the 201 after Brad's mod postings. They just copied his work!

:D

After the initial 661 release issues, maybe they're using us Canadians as beta testers.

Maybe==++==
Stihl is Not Testing Canadians Markets.,,, but Is Teasing Us U.S. citizens By timely delaying access to the Impatient Chainsaw market.
Unless Stihl wants to Liquidate old stock inventory I would think they would want to get their new product line on the shelf ASAP.
the OL' "Snooze You Lose" scenario
Your Point is probably Dead On. Just had to inject some BS into this A.S. thread.......

Injection adds cost & weight. As long as they can meet emissions w/o it, they will.

Very interested in seeing how they both reduced wt and added power in a not too old platform! Heck, the 362 C had just come out when I got mine.

I also wonder how they will distinguish the new model from the existing one.

Maybe==++==
Stihl is Not Testing Canadians Markets.,,, but Is Teasing Us U.S. citizens By timely delaying access to the Impatient Chainsaw market.
Unless Stihl wants to Liquidate old stock inventory I would think they would want to get their new product line on the shelf .

Nail hit on the head. A dealer can order any saw that stihl has in stock. BUT if they have old inventory why would they?

Back