Stihl MS 261 and 362 get an Update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe they changed the saw so much and still used the exact same designation, not even a different letter after the saw! There is going to be a lot of "parts confusion" in the future.

So Mark, are the E bars in 24/25" something new? I have never seen them.
I think they have been around. Never had a request for them.

Today's exchange rate is $0.72 USD to the CDN dollar. So $889 CDN is $640.08 USD, plus VAT. Supposedly there is no VAT/sales tax on exported items sold in Canada?

There is no sales tax here in Oregon, and the retail price on the current 261c-M at my local shop is $610 out the door with a 16" B&C.

I used $0.75 USD as your bank/ credit card is always going to charge you 2 or 2.5% to process the exchange.

As for taxes, being in a different province having it shipped to me I would only have to pay the 5%GST tax, not his 8% provincial. Being outside Canada he would have to charge you the 5% GST but you would be eligible to apply for a refund.

I used $0.75 USD as your bank/ credit card is always going to charge you 2 or 2.5% to process the exchange.

As for taxes, being in a different province having it shipped to me I would only have to pay the 5%GST tax, not his 8% provincial. Being outside Canada he would have to charge you the 5% GST but you would be eligible to apply for a refund.

13% gents.. You are on your own to get the tax back. It is not were it is going to but where it came from.

Can't believe they changed the saw so much and still used the exact same designation, not even a different letter after the saw! There is going to be a lot of "parts confusion" in the future.

So Mark, are the E bars in 24/25" something new? I have never seen them.

No, definitely not - but it may have varied which markets they have been offered on?

I don't know who actually did it first, and for what reason - but it is pretty obvious why Husky did it on the 560/550 saws (so far).;)

Latest posts

Back