Stihl MS 261 and 362 get an Update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, so what all is exactly different I wonder. It seems stihl knew the 362 needed updates in order to run with the 562. This is good... Why not just give it a new number?

The new weight translates to just over 12 & 1/3 lb. If they can cut that much weight while making slightly more power, it should be a hit, but I will reserve judgement till I see someone actually put it on a scale, and comment on how it runs.

Both manufacturers have fibbed horribly about saw weights. I have even seen where Stihl once had the 044 listed as 13 lbs. Yea, maybe with the clutch cover and non captive nuts removed! And the Husky website understated the weight for both the 550 & 562 (I know they since revised the 562).

I think both the 441 C and 576 Autotune were also both heavier than the weight posted on the websites.

The new weight translates to just over 12 & 1/3 lb. If they can cut that much weight while making slightly more power, it should be a hit, but I will reserve judgement till I see someone actually put it on a scale, and comment on how it runs.

Both manufacturers have fibbed horribly about saw weights. I have even seen where Stihl once had the 044 listed as 13 lbs. Yea, maybe with the clutch cover and non captive nuts removed! And the Husky website understated the weight for both the 550 & 562 (I know they since revised the 562).

I think both the 441 C and 576 Autotune were also both heavier than the weight posted on the websites.

Actually, neither Stihl nor Husky are among the worst offenders regarding specs - but no brand is perfect in that regard.

New tags came in today along with the new price..

11046700_1746296022264925_7620538511871976161_n.jpg

I actually saw a few different #s at different times, but always close. I think some of it was rounding errors when the converted.

Can't understand how the weight managed to change???

I am not sure Mike about the weight , those are the new tags that were shipped to us. There is a new sales promo in Jan so all the fall sale price tags go.

I am not sure Mike about the weight , those are the new tags that were shipped to us. There is a new sales promo in Jan so all the fall sale price tags go.

Like I said previously, I will believe it when I see a member put one on the scale, same goes for performance. Maybe the Model # stayed the same because the changes are not that big.

Back