Stihl MS 280 coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvx1170

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I've a ms280 with ignition that is not working.
I have looked around with the idea to get a AM coil it seems unavailable.
Original coil is 100-110euros here

Any solutions advice?

Tnx
Pierre

Make sure you try it with the kill switch disconnected. If this is the electronic carb model that wiring is prone to failure it might save you a few dollars and headaches.

Make sure you try it with the kill switch disconnected. If this is the electronic carb model that wiring is prone to failure it might save you a few dollars and headaches.
Hi,
Will try it keep you updated.
Pierre

Envoyé de mon SM-G361F en utilisant Tapatalk

Check the wires as "ccronin" stated in his post above. Also if the connection to the solenoid is faulty, the ignition is switched off. There is also no other alternative as the original coil.

I a Aldo looking for alternative coil buttons seems fixation home did not not match the within any of other coil. 280-270 are not so popular and I know why [emoji1]

Envoyé de mon SM-G361F en utilisant Tapatalk

I think they would be popular if they had made more of them so we could get parts and the aftermarket tooled up for them. Stihl had other reasons why they cut this run short but it wasn't because the 280 was a bad saw. I kinda like using mine, it handles well and has good power for it's size.

Back