Stihl MS 290

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This thread may have come up sometime in the past however, still no search function. Will a MS 290 pull a 3/8 chain on an 18 bar? I no the Husky 455 pulls it and I was just wondering if the 290 would. Thanks Ken

Last edited:
This thread may have come up sometime in the past however, still no search unction. Will a MS 290 pull a 3/8 chain on an 18 bar? I no the Husky 455 pulls it and I was just wondering if the 290 would. Thanks Ken

Mine ran that same set-up quite well, even better after the MM and retune.

Will it pull it? Yes. But it will pull an 18" .325 better. I'd actually consider a 16" in .325; especially in hardwood.

This thread may have come up sometime in the past however, still no search unction. Will a MS 290 pull a 3/8 chain on an 18 bar? I no the Husky 455 pulls it and I was just wondering if the 290 would. Thanks Ken

yes it will pull it but I run semi chisel chain or skip chain so you don't get so much drag
and It doesn't slow the saw down so much

Your badge says 290 but I know that motor is a bit bigger.

I have ran a 290 with 3/8 20" bar. It was in soft wood and I was too lazy to keep bending over.

I have a MS 290 (that really is a MS 290)

And I have another saw with MS 290 badge on it that I make people think :jester:

I kinda like getting saws that AS members here on AS hate and talk bad about and make them sing :msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back