Stihl MS 361 review by non-user.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been prowling these threads for a while trying to decide on my first "real" chainsaw purchase. I'm not much more than a weekend warrior maintaining my own little woodland, keeping a few cords of wood to feed the wood stove, and the occasional tree removal job. But after clearing 1/4 mile road & homesite to build Mom a house, I'm done with the BS box store saws that last 1-2 seasons & don't cut much better than my sawzall. (I'm a builder) But I didn't post this to hijack this thread. I do know how to start my own pissing contes, er, I mean thread to find an affordable good saw.
I just had to join the site so I could say........ I have read numerous threads here, and posted a few thousand on other forums, but this has to be the funniest pissing contest thread I've seen in a while. Thanks for all the belly laughs sacattered though the many pages of "Tool Comparisons".:laugh:

I've got friends like that. They insist on doing things like that in the slowest, most unproductive manner. It kills me to watch how slow the process. Sometimes it's just like, move out of the way and just let me do it.:greenchainsaw:

Ah ya, my dad.

For you Sawtroll I took the 372 for a spin as well. Regardless of the oil problem with that saw it does run very well. The guy I let use it comes up and says man this saw runs great. I said sure does, now stop talking and get sawing,LOL. .....

Thank you! :clap: :clap: :cheers:

...but it is high time you get that oiler fixed........:poke:

:laugh: :laugh:

I have read numerous threads here, and posted a few thousand on other forums, but this has to be the funniest pissing contest thread I've seen in a while. Thanks for all the belly laughs sacattered though the many pages of "Tool Comparisons".:laugh:

Actually :sucks:.......If you're a 361 hihl. :bowdown:

FC,

Well, ole buddy, I respect your opinion. Why? You did not observe this thread, you actually participated in it.

Thanks for the laughs,

Joat

Well, Joat....I have had quite a few belly aching laughs, over this thread myself. Even had to think quick a few times (that doesn't happen often) to figure out how to come back at you character assassins.

There, I confessed :laugh: .....Now don't think I'm getting soft on ya. :sword:

I still like Dolmars. :greenchainsaw:

I'm gonna get a full wrap 7900 with a 28, or maybe a 32" bar, just because, in January.:clap: Not that I need one, my 5100 18" will tackle 90% of the trees around here, and I could live with one saw. However, I never see any REAL saws around here, so when I drag a 7900 out with a big old bar on the end and start blocking, people will notice! Like I said, not that I need it, but I WANT it! hahaha

I still like Dolmars. :greenchainsaw:

I'm gonna get a full wrap 7900 with a 28, or maybe a 32" bar, just because, in January.:clap: Not that I need one, my 5100 18" will tackle 90% of the trees around here, and I could live with one saw. However, I never see any REAL saws around here, so when I drag a 7900 out with a big old bar on the end and start blocking, people will notice! Like I said, not that I need it, but I WANT it! hahaha

it is not need it is a more power thingy:clap: :greenchainsaw:
:cheers:

Thank you! :clap: :clap: :cheers:

...but it is high time you get that oiler fixed........:poke:

:laugh: :laugh:

Fix, why, that saw oils better than any saw I got, maybe not the chain but she puts out the oil,LOL

Serious though I'm not gonna replace the case on that saw. Its ok to use, just can't put it away full of oil, tant no biggie.

Take note Troll I didn't take the 346xp out there for the guys to play with. Thats another one of Daddy's saws, I like that saw alot, so much so only these hands grab that saw, :cheers: :cheers:

I'm very used to those flip caps. I kinda like em,hehehehe

ha ha, ya, I confess, I like them too.

Well, I watched a guy use a flip cap for the whole day on Saturday while drinking beer and I say they are not all you Stihlheads make them out to be.

Yeah, I've never used one, so what?

Flipped off,

Joat

Well, I watched a guy use a flip cap for the whole day on Saturday while drinking beer and I say they are not all you Stihlheads make them out to be.

Yeah, I've never used one, so what?

Flipped off,

Joat

Flip caps are like hot blondes Joat, they aren't for everyone, now you sit back and finnish your beer, I'll take care of the hot blonde, oppps, I mean flip cap,hahahaha

Back