Stihl ms200t bolt for bolt rebuild video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The am carb has the idle all the way in. Didn't even look at the shutter.

On the oem carbs ...I had that thing a part a number of times....only goes back in one way
They can be put in without being properly lined up. Notice the notch and the hole in the shutters. If the holes aren't completely covered by the shaft it will let in more air.

It's been my experience that if you have to adjust the carb radically, you still have a problem. The adjustments are indicated on the side of the saw, 1 turn and 3/4 turn respectively, start there and don't deviate very far or you will waste your time. If you suspect a carb problem simply install a known good carb, if the result is the same, you have eliminated the carb as the problem and can go from there. Keep it simple.

If you need to get them in wood... plenty left Matty. We'll get Justin to
swing by as well.

Wind is ripping now, filling my wheelbarrows was not fun!

Thanks Marcello

Keep in mind grizz, I've had these running for 10 seconds in my basement to attempt to get the tune. Its a lot closer than it was and the saw definitely wasn't warm.

Also, its freezing cold outside and I'm working this week, off next. So hopefully I'll get this straightened out asap.

It's been my experience that if you have to adjust the carb radically, you still have a problem. The adjustments are indicated on the side of the saw, 1 turn and 3/4 turn respectively, start there and don't deviate very far or you will waste your time. If you suspect a carb problem simply install a known good carb, if the result is the same, you have eliminated the carb as the problem and can go from there. Keep it simple.
He ported it!

Back