Stihl ms200t bolt for bolt rebuild video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like leaving them stock (minus the spark screen) it probably the way to go. Like you said though, the ported one needs to break in. Did it seem to have less torque? From the video it appeared that way.

ok, this is how I interpret this.... The 2nd saw did feel more torquey than stock, I do attribute that to the coke gasket... more compression....and it had very fresh rings (oem used piston). the ported saw did put up a 22 sec run, so it went from 31 seconds down to 22...within a few runs.... now. it didn't feel as torquey as the others. two things I read into this...#1, the china carb is running fine w/ the others, #2, the porting work probably isn't worth it. I don't think there is anything wrong w/ the china carb, it seems to be fine ...(bought from HL supply btw) ... I attribute its lack of torque to the raising of the transfers OR to it not being broken in. these are some of the first cuts on fresh rebuilds. (2nd saw was in my other vid ...but still it only made a few cuts total).

though the huskys are slower, they did feel more torquey. Even though the chains were similar, it was BRANDY NEW chains on the 200t's. they had never cut anything. the huskys were not as smooth, but they did feel like if it was a fairer fight they would have been a lot closer.

i'm not an expert on all this guys, just reporting my findings after taking a fresh look at these saws.

Latest posts

Back