Stihl MS290 bar/chain conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7, 8, what's the big?

Regardless of whether you're running spur or sprocket you're 1-circlip away from changing things out. I think the OP is more that capable of handling that.

I just noticed that the thread posts on the forums on this site do not have the print function like most forums that cuts out the additional pictures and trash.???
(I know a right click will get a print select with all the additional trash attached)

unless I'm not see it????

I want to print this thread, very good info. I have a 290 with a 20 inch bar and it really lugs when in a full bar cut with the aggressive teeth chain. I'll have to check and see if it's got a 8 tooth sprocket.
Heard a guy awhile back complain about such that his 290 seemed underpowered with the 20 inch bar in a full bar load...

I just noticed that the thread posts on the forums on this site do not have the print function like most forums that cuts out the additional pictures and trash.???
(I know a right click will get a print select with all the additional trash attached)

unless I'm not see it????

I want to print this thread, very good info. I have a 290 with a 20 inch bar and it really lugs when in a full bar cut with the aggressive teeth chain. I'll have to check and see if it's got a 8 tooth sprocket.
Heard a guy awhile back complain about such that his 290 seemed underpowered with the 20 inch bar in a full bar load...
Well it probably does. The vast majority of 290's have the 8 tooth sprocket.

Back