Stihl ms361 flywheel question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjcard41

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi out there! I'm no pro when it comes to saws in knowing each and every part, but I do know some basics. Anyways, was cutting the other day, everything was going fine. I went to start it again and the recoil was loose and not turning the crank. I pull the cover off and noticed the nut was loose that tightens down the recoil. To make a long story short, I ended up finding out that the flywheel wasn't lined up correctly. Is there a small key(pin) that lines up the flywheel on the shaft or is the key cast as part of the flywheel? Should I just get a new flywheel or is there another solution so the flywheel won't slip?

Thanks!

Hi out there! I'm no pro when it comes to saws in knowing each and every part, but I do know some basics. Anyways, was cutting the other day, everything was going fine. I went to start it again and the recoil was loose and not turning the crank. I pull the cover off and noticed the nut was loose that tightens down the recoil. To make a long story short, I ended up finding out that the flywheel wasn't lined up correctly. Is there a small key(pin) that lines up the flywheel on the shaft or is the key cast as part of the flywheel? Should I just get a new flywheel or is there another solution so the flywheel won't slip?

Thanks!

The woodruff key on your 361 should be a separate piece. A new key should take care of your problem. You have a tapered crankshaft so if you line it up correctly you may be able to tighten it without a key.

upload_2015-6-23_8-0-26.png

Latest posts

Back