Stihl ms362 vs Makita 6401 comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't tell you anything about the 6401 but i bought my 362 last March and so far i have not had any trouble with it yet.The flippy cap's are not a proublem mine run's a 20in B/C just fine it is a smooth runing saw.

Mike

I have a Stihl 360 Pro, (2 models behind the 362, but similar), and 2 Makita 6401's. I do not see myself buying any more Stihl's in my immediate or long term future. I think you would be VERY happy with the 6401 and the coin you can save is just icing on the cake. By the way I have had no problem with the Makita caps, but have replaced 2 of the Flippy's on the Stihl in the past 5 years, nuff said.

Last edited:
I bought a reburb 6401 last month for around $350, but that site is sold out. Since the 6421 is now available, I bet the reburb and new 6401's will go fast. As for parts, I use Edgeandengine.com for mine. They are a site sponsor and I get their shipments much faster than Bailey's (NY vs. CA). Sometimes, they are a bit cheaper than Bailey's too.

The 'Kita would be the more powerful saw of the two. Not a difference to write home to mama about or anything like that. Both of the saws you mention are great saws all around. It's the price difference that leads me to say that the 'Kita is the saw to buy here. They're just too cheap not to buy IMO. I like the Dolmar colors better though. Not into the blue. :poop:

Back