Stihl ms461 & ms661?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K&L Landscaping

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any speculation on when/if STIHL is planning a 461, 661 and/or 881 release? Seems like these models have been around for a while now and are due for an update.

Can't say i'm not excited to get a 661. I love my 660 and in fact have 1 in a box for an investment piece yrs down the road but cannot get over how efficient and smooth the 261 and 362 have been in the short time i've owned them. Usually refuelling is my few minutes throughout the day to take a break but my new saws are taking that away.

880 had a mid-model update. so you wont see a 881 anytime soon.

461 is most likely the next new saw then 661 but who knows when that will be.

How have you been woodgrenade havent seen you on in a long time. I hope things are well.....

Josh

Hey man, thanks for asking. Everything is great, you know how it goes, busy busy.

This time of year with the short days I have alot more time to post instead of work, cut, split, hunt, etc..

Happy holidays!! :smile2:

Hey man, thanks for asking. Everything is great, you know how it goes, busy busy.

This time of year with the short days I have alot more time to post instead of work, cut, split, hunt, etc..

Happy holidays!! :smile2:

Same to you. let me know if you ever want to get together and run some saws. we cut almost every weekend.

I think an ms661 is a long way down the road. Stihl will probably keep making the small stuff EPA, but the big saws are are for professionals, and professionals won't like a new saw that doesn't perform as good as the old one.

When they do though :)...it should have spring AV system, metal flywheel and a stroked crank. :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back