Stihl part numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking through some Stihl chainsaw IPLs and noticed that many parts will interchange from model to model but want to be more specific. I think the first 4 digits for example 1127 designate the model of the saw but am unsure about the other numbers. If the last numbers match does it mean it's the same part regardless of the model of the saw?

Even that does not work on occasion. The ignition module for the MS460, Part # 1122 400 1314, is the same part number for the MS660, but the 460's IM wire to the spark plug won't reach the 660's plug.
So when the dealer orders part #1122 400 1314, which length plug wire do they send? Or does it come without one?

What does that mean? Are you saying that you can make a ms250 line work on a ms290? Or vice versa?

That means if an impulse line fits then it fits. If it don't then it don't. FFS you can do what I do and use a piece of tygon for 30¢ and say screw Stihl.
I don't know how you were able to translate what I said into a completely different comment like that.

I'm looking through some Stihl chainsaw IPLs and noticed that many parts will interchange from model to model but want to be more specific. I think the first 4 digits for example 1127 designate the model of the saw but am unsure about the other numbers. If the last numbers match does it mean it's the same part regardless of the model of the saw?
The ENTIRE part number needs to match for it to be the same part. Often times a part number originated with a certain line of saws and got that saw's four number designation at the beginning of the part number. ie: part #1128 640 9100 (oil tank breather) is used on virtually every Stihl saw currently made. The numbering system really isn't that hard. Every time one of my Stihl guys starts bellyaching about the Stihl parts system I just have them start searching for Husky parts on their computer..it's much worse.

The ENTIRE part number needs to match for it to be the same part. Often times a part number originated with a certain line of saws and got that saw's four number designation at the beginning of the part number. ie: part #1128 640 9100 (oil tank breather) is used on virtually every Stihl saw currently made. The numbering system really isn't that hard. Every time one of my Stihl guys starts bellyaching about the Stihl parts system I just have them start searching for Husky parts on their computer..it's much worse.

Yup.......I've been told that way more than just once.

Latest posts

Back