Stihl parts pricing.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Rural King sells Stihl products now I suppose they might be able to order parts also..

Yep we can! And I'm eternally on the hunt for what kind of stuff to keep in stock. If I know what saws a guy has and he shops at our store I'm going to stock parts specific to his saw (FYI, Palmer ;))
And to the pricing - exclusive dealers get better pricing than dealers (like RK) that sell other brands like Husqvarna, Poulan, etc etc... Don't know if that would account for an air filter costing half what you were quoted.
He either mixed up the HD w/ the fleece or the Stihl Service app says one price and the price set by your vendor/dealer (ours are set by the vendor, primarily) were different, and he quoted from the wrong one.
Also in my experience not all aftermarket parts are cheaper than Stihl - and you can ask if they have it aftermarket, what is the cost difference and weigh your options. A BPMR7A plug from Stihl vs. one from "aftermarket" might be cheaper from the latter for example and it's literally the same plug.

Yep we can! And I'm eternally on the hunt for what kind of stuff to keep in stock. If I know what saws a guy has and he shops at our store I'm going to stock parts specific to his saw (FYI, Palmer ;))
And to the pricing - exclusive dealers get better pricing than dealers (like RK) that sell other brands like Husqvarna, Poulan, etc etc... Don't know if that would account for an air filter costing half what you were quoted.
He either mixed up the HD w/ the fleece or the Stihl Service app says one price and the price set by your vendor/dealer (ours are set by the vendor, primarily) were different, and he quoted from the wrong one.
Also in my experience not all aftermarket parts are cheaper than Stihl - and you can ask if they have it aftermarket, what is the cost difference and weigh your options. A BPMR7A plug from Stihl vs. one from "aftermarket" might be cheaper from the latter for example and it's literally the same plug.

At first, he brought me the yellow (fleece) filter. I then told him that was the wrong one. He then returned with the HD filter.

I made sure that it was OEM.

Wait you got the HD for 12 bucks? They definitely messed something up - in your favor - if that's the case.

I was quoited over $24.00 for the filter on the phone. I just assumed that there was only one model of filter. When I went in to get it, that was when I became aware of two models. The HD and the fleece.

I’ve seen different prices at different dealers. For example one dealer priced $22 for a decompression valve and another across town priced $15. One dealer priced $14 for a sprocket rim, the other dealer across town priced the same sprocket rim at $7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said it before, best prices will come from Stihl exclusive dealers by and large. At least they purchase from their vendors for lower than non-exclusive dealers.

I said it before, best prices will come from Stihl exclusive dealers by and large. At least they purchase from their vendors for lower than non-exclusive dealers.

Our one and only exclusive Stihl dealer will not talk discounts off of DSRP or MSRP. He acts as if he will lose his dealership if he does.

Twice now, I've purchased two saws from an equipment rental place that sells Stihl. Their policy is 5% off for homeowner grade O P E, and 10% off for the pro stuff.

Of all my O P E, all of it was purchased w/o having to pay MSRP.

Latest posts

Back