Stihl Promark Helmet broken

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooperforeman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
In the cold weather this past weekend I was out cutting and when I went to fold up the ear muffs,the left one snapped right off.The dealer says replace the complete helmet,well that's over $100.00....has this happened to anyone and has someone come up with a fix.?

I had a Husqvarna hard hat crack and just replace the hard hat part with a 3m from Northerntool all the other parts fit just fine.

Which helmet? You can get a set of muffs for the Pro Forestry helmet (0000 886 0406) for $28.95. If you have the Pro Mark helmet, single muffs (7010 884 0400) sell for $10.95 each.

Which helmet? You can get a set of muffs for the Pro Forestry helmet (0000 886 0406) for $28.95. If you have the Pro Mark helmet, single muffs (7010 884 0400) sell for $10.95 each.
Hey..Thanks a bunch for the part number.Mines the Promark.

I don't know how cold it was when this happened but if it's as cold as it is here in Wisconsin right now, plastic becomes very very brittle at these temps. I was amazed by this picture of one of our boy's helmets from the bears game a few weeks ago when it was -5 or -10. Not excusing what happened or anything but just thought it was interesting.
IMG_0870.JPG

Some parts are physically interchangeable between different brands or models of protective helmet systems. Manufacturers may tell you that these combinations have not been tested, and are therefore not certified, so their retailers are unable to offer this option. Note that there can be a big difference in the protection provided. E.g. these similar looking helmet mounted muffs vary from 21 to 28 dBA.
http://us.msasafety.com/compareProducts

Philbert

Mine just broke. I am checking my local dealer. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back