Stihl Propaganda

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fun commercial, a little too much screaming but I liked it.

Mike Barcaskey said:
propaganda is right. even closer to BS
I have never had a Stihl saw that would start on less than 6 pulls cold.
Just me or is that the way it is?

Its just you. Any chainsaw that's tuned right can start in 2, maybe 3 pulls cold, stihls included.

Mike Barcaskey said:
you would think my Stihl dealer would get it right. New saw, tuned saw I haven't had any that started on 2 or 3 pulls.

With Stihls, it depends on the saw, when it last ran, and to a large degree the vent system in the tank. If the saw has a neutral vent system - one that vent's both positive and negative pressure (most older systems), then you need to suck gas to the carb by engine impulse and venturi vacuum.. If the vent is negative only (make up air for loss of fuel), and it retains the positive pressure from fuel agitation, these tend to start a lot easier as the fuel is pushed up to the carb as soon as you agitate the tank.

From dead cold, the difference is 5-6 pulls verses 2-4 though... when "warm", one short pull should start them every time.

Mike Barcaskey said:
propaganda is right. even closer to BS

3-4 pretty consistent for me.

Great Post! I got a good laugh. I get consistent starting in 2-3 pulls cold with my 440. I feel it would start with one pull cold if I didnt use the full choke and it had run the previous day. It rarely takes more than 1 pull hot.

Nice.....Mine starts with about 4 pulls cold.....then 1st when it is warm....i cant complain.....

they mostly all start on one pull when they're warm

I just haven't had it so good when they are cold. course I'm coming off a cold winter and I always didn't start on one or two pulls (cups of joe)

Embarassing situations like that are what keep the old timers hanging on to their Pulaski axes. Much easier to run somebody down as the Pulasi would balance better on the move. No thrown chains, empty gas tank, trying to find an outdoor equipment dealer open at 3 in the morning when it won't start and noise to wake the next customer.

When warm, first pull every time on all my saws.

When cold, it depends on the saw.

The 750VL always amazes me. Stone cold, one pull to pop, another to start. Every time.

The 180 is about three pulls to pop, and then another to start it.

034, 4-5 to pop, 2-3 to start.

288, 1-2 to pop, 1-2 to start.

HAHAHA :laugh: nice, ive been waiting for a spoof like that!!! I always wondered if chainsaw murderers' saws really always run top-notch (you know, like they always do in movies).................... Great clip Grinch! :biggrinbounce2:

Now off to chrome my new GB bar.........

My Stihl starts on 4 pulls cold, 1 pull warm.
My Poulan.....my arm hurts by the time it starts.
My Homelite, both of my arms and my back hurt by the time it starts.

All my saws start 4-5 pulls when cold. 1 when warm even my old wizz's all 4 of them start 1 pull when warm and all but 1 start 2-3 pulls when cold everytime. Oh but all my saws are in a heated shop they get put in the trucks taken to the jobs used and put back in the shop at nights. does that make a difference. :hmm3grin2orange:

Mike Barcaskey said:

Must be you. My 028 and 038 start in 2 or 3 pulls cold and one short pull warm. Dad's 026 does the same. My BIL's 290 Farm Boss starts like my stuff. My FIL's old 020AV is a miserable beast but it is not well taken care of and in that case any saw would be the same way.
Finnbear

Latest posts

Back