Stihl repair manuals and tools question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dimark1009

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Happy Holidays everyone, it's the new guy again with yet another question.

I just started doing small engine repair as a side business, and lately I have been getting a fair amount of Stihl chainsaws in the shop for repair, for some reason Stihl is what a lot of folks around here use.

I have emailed Stihl 2 times about what I have to do to be an authorized repair center. I really dont want to have to sell new equipment just repair them. I dont know if this is even an option or not. Stihl never returned any of my emails.I understand I would have to go to their schooling and what not, thats fine, I would.

My question: can and where may I find and purchase Stihl repair manuals and their "special tools" ?

Do I have to be a dealer to have accesss to this stuff, or can I purchase it from a stihl dealer ? I have found different manuals on Ebay and the like but they are hit and miss.I have never seen the "special tools" on ebay or anywhere.

Thanks in advance for the information.

There is a CD of most Stihl IPLs, and repair manuals since about 1992, floating around. Someone on AS can help you out. Special Tools - they are not supposed to be sold by the dealers, but many do...

Stihl schools - I beleive you are supposed to be working for a dealer to attend the schools. Rather then just email "stihl", find the "right" guys to talk to. PM Tom Hall (Thall10326) aka "The champ" - he can tell you who that would be is in your area.

Last edited:
Thanks Lakeside,

If anyone is into burning one of those CD's for me I'll gladly pay you for it. just let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

Latest posts

Back