Stihl Rollomatic ES Wide Vs Narrow tip and Weight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You see that hole drilled near the nose, I bolt a handle in that hole on my 12" dime tip bar on my MS200 for doing finishing detail on my carvings. Best accuracy when carving with a top handle saw.

I was frecking joking :dizzy:

skip tooth and full comp both. An 11 t tip is what ya want.

And either new chain does not plunge for spit!! you gotta shave thoes high drags.

New chain also feels like as$ when it s buried.

too slow for mee mann.

Whoa! You are advising a novice to lower the depth guages for plunge cutting? Sorry pal but I gotta call BS on this one. That is extremly dangerous and very likely to kick back on the guy. Not to mention you have also told him to run a full skip chain on a wide nose bar when he stated he did not know the difference. You are not helping him out!

Cut the tails off the cutter if you want to improve how a chain cuts but don't lower the depth guages.

All this talk about burying the bar it sounds like all you cut is huge timber. I cut some pretty big stuff at times but I really don't worry about about absolute maximun performance and timed cuts. I want reliability and good performance. I get that with a sharp chain and a DP muffler cover. Some folks like Treesling'r can make use of the performance gains. The rest of us should work on technique. But then technique can be quantified with a video camera for all to see.

:jawdrop: 11s and 10s here - can't imagine using the 9s - they just look like a joke (sorry).....

Yep my Oregon Powermatch with a 9T double guard tip is my favorite, second best is the old reliable Windsor Mini-Pro. Like I said earlier boat tail the back of the cutters if you want to bore with these tips. You want to see a joke look up the old Oregon Guard Tip bars ,I used to call them banana bars.

Last edited:
Yup...but remember Hokeytree has cut over two million stems. Stems of what I'm not really sure. Stems and seeds, maybe?

You be real careful taking that brand new 660 to the woods monday morning Ole timer, we don't want to see you go hurt yourself now.

I'd invite you along but I'm probably not going to drop more than twenty or thirty trees. You'd probably be bored. If you could stay up with me, that is.

I say there Ole timer bring a video camera along with that 660 and show all us members here what you can do. :popcorn:

I'd invite you along but I'm probably not going to drop more than twenty or thirty trees. You'd probably be bored. If you could stay up with me, that is.

Maybe I was a little harsh with that last post. I'd have to bear in mind, while I was waiting for you to catch up, that out here we have real trees. You're more used to those glorified grape-vines in your part of the world. You're used to just walking through the weeds, swinging your WildThing like a scythe and counting. Probably more counting than scything, too.
Hell, just the noise of one of our trees hitting the ground would probably frighten and disorient you and you'd have to go sit in the crummy until your central nervous system stated to function again. Sobbing.
I'll try to remember these things. Asking you to do our work, or even to try to, just isn't fair. Kinda like kicking a cripple.

Maybe I was a little harsh with that last post. I'd have to bear in mind, while I was waiting for you to catch up, that out here we have real trees. You're more used to those glorified grape-vines in your part of the world. You're used to just walking through the weeds, swinging your WildThing like a scythe and counting. Probably more counting than scything, too.
Hell, just the noise of one of our trees hitting the ground would probably frighten and disorient you and you'd have to go sit in the crummy until your central nervous system stated to function again. Sobbing.
I'll try to remember these things. Asking you to do our work, or even to try to, just isn't fair. Kinda like kicking a cripple.

Yep you are real good with the bullsh!t , thats why you never could fall full time because you would go crazy not having anyone to B.S. with.
Come on there now Ole timer make some videos of your self falling on monday and show us what you can do.

Last edited:
Yep you are real good with the bullsh!t , thats why you never could fall full time because you would go crazy not having anyone to B.S. with.

What's the matter, bunky? Is the fact that we busted you on your flat-out lie about having cut two million trees making you a wee bit defensive?

If you want to run off and pout now, you just go right ahead. You're probably good at it. You must be good at something.

What's the matter, bunky? Is the fact that we busted you on your flat-out lie about having cut two million trees making you a wee bit defensive?

If you want to run off and pout now, you just go right ahead. You're probably good at it. You must be good at something.

You busted me on my flat out lie of 2 million trees?????
Explain yourself.

You busted me on my flat out lie of 2 million trees?????
Explain yourself.

Sure. Remember when you were claiming to have cut two million trees? And nobody believed you? And a couple of members even proved, mathmatically, that it couldn't be done? And yet, you still claimed that you'd cut two million trees. That's the lie I'm referring to.

If I knew how to bring old posts up and paste them I'd show you. Maybe somebody could give me hand with that. You were pretty adamant in insisting that you had, for a fact, cut two million trees.

And people still don't believe you.

Sure. Remember when you were claiming to have cut two million trees? And nobody believed you? And a couple of members even proved, mathmatically, that it couldn't be done? And yet, you still claimed that you'd cut two million trees. That's the lie I'm referring to.

If I knew how to bring old posts up and paste them I'd show you. Maybe somebody could give me hand with that. You were pretty adamant in insisting that you had, for a fact, cut two million trees.

And people still don't believe you.

Yep that still really burns your azz about my 2 million trees, We can dig up my posts how I cut 2 million trees too but try and explain that to a guy who only cuts 30 a day. Your head is screwed on so tight that you you never would get it how we cut out here in Manitoba, because only Lord knows how good the PNW loggers are.

Yep that still really burns your azz about my 2 million trees, We can dig up my posts how I cut 2 million trees too but try and explain that to a guy who only cuts 30 a day. Your head is screwed on so tight that you you never would get it how we cut out here in Manitoba, because only Lord knows how good the PNW loggers are.

You're still claiming you've cut 2 million trees? You know, I don't mind you being a liar...that's up to you. But do you have to be such a damn poor liar? That's just sad.

You're still claiming you've cut 2 million trees? You know, I don't mind you being a liar...that's up to you. But do you have to be such a damn poor liar? That's just sad.

2 million Manitoba trees is not alot of fiber. A tree is a tree. I like to see you hand bunch your second growth before it hits the ground.
You keep calling me a liar and I'll keep calling you a B.S.ing Ole timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back