Stihl Rollomatic ES Wide Vs Narrow tip and Weight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 million Manitoba trees is not alot of fiber. A tree is a tree. I like to see you hand bunch your second growth before it hits the ground.
You keep calling me a liar and I'll keep calling you a B.S.ing Ole timer.

Well, HolmenTree, you're still a liar. That's your choice. You can call me whatever makes you feel good about yourself. Good luck with that. 'Nite.

Well, HolmenTree, you're still a liar. That's your choice. You can call me whatever makes you feel good about yourself. Good luck with that. 'Nite.

Believe what you want Ole-timer , what I really want to call you will get me banned, for harrassing you ,like the warning I got a few days ago for harrassing poor old Windthrown on this thread.
Hey isn't you calling me a liar harrassment? It seems that when ever I get on a roll with some good posts on this site you pop out of your cave and yell "this is HokeyTree who says he cut 2 million trees" .
You know what I'm going Ole timer? In a short time I'm going to come down and pay you a personal visit , and teach you some well needed manners. Don't take this as a threat. I think we are both man enough to handle this the right way.
Oh by the way,don't forget to get some videos of you falling on Monday.

Last edited:
Tall Tree Tales...

You're still claiming you've cut 2 million trees? You know, I don't mind you being a liar...that's up to you. But do you have to be such a damn poor liar? That's just sad.

Well, lets run the math again. 20 years, 11 months a year, never got injured, jobs were never shut down, and he never had any issues with the economy or the several recessions that happened during that time. Never got snowed or flooded out. 6 days a week for 20 years? Or was it 5? We will run them both.

2 million trees felled in a 20 year span. That is 100,000 trees a year. 52 weeks in a year, call it 48 weeks in an 11 month span. So that is over 2,000 trees a week (2,083 actually). With a 6 day week, that is 347 trees a day. With a 5 day week, that is 416 a day. Working an 8 hour day, that is 43-52 trees an hour. Say 50 trees an hour. That is almost one a minute. Wonder how he even had time to sharpen a chain, or fill the gas and oil tanks. Keep the chainsaws coming, two at a time.

Amazing though, 50 trees an hour. I think that is more than they can do with a havester. The man is a machine.

Last edited:
attachment.php

Manitoba logging in the good old days.[ program changed can't post pics like I used to]

Last edited:
20 years, 11 months a year, never got injured, jobs were never shut down, and he never had any issues with the economy or the several recessions that happened during that time. 6 days a week for 20 years? Or was it 5? We will run them both.

2 million trees (a lot of trees) felled in a 20 year span. That is 100,000 trees a year. 52 weeks in a year, call it 48 weeks in an 11 month span. So that is over 2,000 trees a week (2083 actually).

Here I go again doing the math for you. In our spruce/pine pecker poles[think of 5-10" butt,30-40 ft topped at 3 1/2"] thats average 500[some more some less] a day[8hrs], 5 day week, 11mth a year, 20 yrs. And yes our mill here in The Pas has gone 40 yrs without a shutdown, only 2 week strike in 1996. Plus we have some of the best logging conditions in the world. WE run 16" b/c Stihl 044,my skidder partner has a spare saw on skidder, flat ground, trees so thick a skidder can't drive in strip without knocking over trees.We have no floods, never snowed out. How much more information do you need ? Get your head out of the PNW.

Last edited:
Thats right. Flat ground, 5"-10" average at the butt, topped at 3 1/2",30'-45'treelength average, 11 months a yr, 20 yrs.

So you are saying you cut 400 trees a day (5 day week) for 11 months out of the year for 20 years and walked out and topped them at 30'-45'?
Actually according to your math in your post above that would be roughly 2.4 mill.
Wow... You must be a legend.

Last edited:
So you are saying you cut 400 trees a day (5 day week) for 11 months out of the year for 20 years and walked out and topped them at 30'-45'?
Actually according to your math in your post above that would be roughly 2.4 mill.

Actually 2.2 mill. Read my last post.

How did you get 2.4 ? ### #### Yeah I'm not going to risk the ban.

Last edited:
Believe what you want Ole-timer , what I really want to call you will get me banned, for harrassing you ,like the warning I got a few days ago for harrassing poor old Windthrown on this thread.
Hey isn't you calling me a liar harrassment? It seems that when ever I get on a roll with some good posts on this site you pop out of your cave and yell "this is HokeyTree who says he cut 2 million trees" .
You know what I'm going Ole timer? In a short time I'm going to come down and pay you a personal visit , and teach you some well needed manners. Don't take this as a threat. I think we are both man enough to handle this the right way.
Oh by the way,don't forget to get some videos of you falling on Monday.

You'll teach me some manners? Bring it.

And...if I get banned for calling you a liar at least I'll be banned for telling the truth. You're a liar.

You'll teach me some manners? Bring it.

And...if I get banned for calling you a liar at least I'll be banned for telling the truth. You're a liar.

I'll be out your way this summer taking in some competitions Bob. We have to talk this "liar" thing out man to man. It will be fun to meet you.

Yep my Oregon Powermatch with a 9T double guard tip is my favorite, second best is the old reliable Windsor Mini-Pro. Like I said earlier boat tail the back of the cutters if you want to bore with these tips. You want to see a joke look up the old Oregon Guard Tip bars ,I used to call them banana bars.

I get your point, no problem! :cheers:

...and I agree on the banana bars.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

E-thugery at its finest....

Who is the thug here? I call the old fool a internet bully at its finest.This old fool doesn't know when to shut up. He should have shut up ages ago. He talks real tough on here calling me a liar. Well we will see how cocky he is when he says that to my face.

Last edited:
Snicker... dealer does not know what a yellow and green bar means? And he is a Stihl dealer? Mang... :dizzy:

Weight is not that much of a difference. Few ounces I would guess. I have all yellow Stihl bars so I cannot measure the difference between them and the greenies. I would keep it and use it. If you are not plunge or bore cutting, the chances of your having issues with the incresed kickback on a yellow bar are minimal. The solid ES bars are far better anyway. As far as I know, ES bars are all mostly yellow bars ('cept there are supposed to be some narrow tip greenie ES bars that I have never seen). Laminated E types are not as good.

What exactly is plunge and bore cutting? Why does the tip make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back