Stihl Scrench Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbolyard

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I stopped by one of the "local" Stihl shops yesterday and scored a free scrench for my 044 :givebeer: My question is, once I put a set of wrap bars on the saw, am I going to have to get a shorter scrench to get the bar nuts off?

I stopped by one of the "local" Stihl shops yesterday and scored a free scrench for my 044 :givebeer: My question is, once I put a set of wrap bars on the saw, am I going to have to get a shorter scrench to get the bar nuts off?

The wrap handle (Stihl factory wrap) should come with a new shorter swrench. I know my kit did.

The wrap handle (Stihl factory wrap) should come with a new shorter swrench. I know my kit did.

Does the new shorty scrench still reach the plug, or do you have to carry both?

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Mine cost me $16!!!

I was shocked when they gave it to me... I went to the counter with an Oregon scrench that was out in the store and asked if they knew if it would reach the plug on my 044... he pulled out a plastic bin full of all kinds of tools and dug out a brand new Stihl scrench and said "here you go... on the house." He said every so often they end up with an extra kicking around like that and give them out when someone needs one... guess it was my lucky day :D

Last edited:
i lost my short scrench that came with my 361 wrap handle kit

took one of my regular screnches to the local welding/machining
shop, cut the regular scrench to make it short like i wanted, had them
weld it back onto the stick part, dropped it into a puddle of water,
paid $2 and went back to cuttin'...

Someone on here said they just cut off the shorter end of the scrench. Should fit under the wrap. That way, you'll still be able to get to the plug ok.

your nuts ?? tom trees:monkey:

scrench

Who's nutz, I would think anyone who pays $16 for a stihl wrench. For that kinda money buy a Snap-on flex box and take it back for a free one if it breaks.

It's a pain but I carry a cheap ratchet and a couple sockets since I have the full wrap on the 056 with 13mm nuts and the over sized 18mm bar nuts on the 084.

Latest posts

Back