stihl top handle saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam0321

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
so I am looking at getting a decent (as in not a 500 dollar 200t not yet anyway) top handle saw so am trollling e-bay my question is what should I pay for these saws in good to fair condition

Stihl
011avt $85-100??

019t$85-100?

192t$100-200

like I said any input would be help thanks

also thing to look for?

I love my 192t, small enough to stuff into a backpack for trail maintenance, but enough power to still cut through big wood. You can pick one up rather cheap. Go with 12in bar and do a muffler mod and it will scream. But, keep in mind, it still wont pull with a good 200. good luck. :givebeer:

A buddy of mine wanted to sell me a 3 year old moderately used 192 for $200. I told him I had to think on that one a while. Probably a fair price but feel as though I can get a better deal. Might offer him $150 for it. Seems like you could find a decently used one for $150-200 (possibly better) on ebay. Be patient and you'll find yourself a good deal.

just watch ebay for a few days and see what price matches what condition, seems most of the good 019t are going for around $100 plus shipping which is a fair price for that saw..

thanks alot guys. I figured thats what the prices would be like. but thanks for the input

I have a top handle 015. Its one of my favorite saws to use. Although there is no av, its still fun to use. It has a lot of power for its size and lightweight. I think they are an under-estimated saw. You can find low hour good ones on e-bay for usually around a $100. :cheers:

so I am looking at getting a decent (as in not a 500 dollar 200t not yet anyway) top handle saw so am trollling e-bay my question is what should I pay for these saws in good to fair condition

Stihl
011avt $85-100??

019t$85-100?

192t$100-200

like I said any input would be help thanks

also thing to look for?

a hearty 'hello there!', from the department of questions you never asked.:)

as opposed to an 011, look for a clean running 020av. they are old and can be finnicky at times but they really kick some ass and sell for about $100.00 on the ebay.

thanks again guys I was looking pretty hard at a 192tc just dont want to pay anymore then 200 for it. I am also looking for a 361 any body know why i can post in the want to buy section?

I'll cast another vote for the 192T. You can make the saw a little lighter and cut a little stronger with the 12" Picco Micro .043" bar/chain setup. That's how I have mine set up now. I have not yet modded the muffler, but I move up to a MS211 when I need to cut bigger wood, then up to a MS361. IMHO, the 192T is a great tool as long as you understand it's limitations.

I hit ya with some +++REP for making such a great choice!

so just to get me started in the business I think this line up will be ok

ms192tc
ms230
ms250
ms460 mag

I know I have a big gap between the 250 and 460 but I do mostly pine and am still looking for a good deal on a 361.

so just to get me started in the business I think this line up will be ok

ms192tc
ms230
ms250
ms460 mag

I know I have a big gap between the 250 and 460 but I do mostly pine and am still looking for a good deal on a 361.
I would scratch the 230 & 250 and go with a 260......

well I already have the 230-250 so....they were my fire wood and camping saws. figured they would be good for ground clean up

another vote for the 192t.

If Stihl-O-Matic sat on mine today,I'd buy another one in the morning.

yup thats what i was thinking. Not to mention if I let someone use it and they trash it or bind it I am not going to fly out of the tree with mu hand saw..

I had a 020AVP and a 192T. The 020 is a great saw & like mentioned screams, but the 192T is lighter, so I sold the 020 to a member here. I limb with the 192T & find myself cutting way down into the trunk before i know it.....great little saw. I paid $150 for it off fleabay.

RD

yeah Im sold to be honest with myself I may do 15 jobs a year and mostly to other guys I work with so a 192t will more then suit all my needs. I am not trying to make a living doing this I just love it as more of a hobby. so there is no sence breaking the bank for saws thinking I will ever do in a lifetime what members here do in a year

Latest posts

Back