Stihl Ultra now in silver bottles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4Kings

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Stopped by dealer yesterday after work for some Ultra and it now comes in a redesigned silver bottle instead of a white one. He only carries the 2.6 oz bottles so I don't know if the larger bottles have changed.

Someone once suggested to me actually putting some gas into the oil container swishing it around and then adding it to the mix (after you've dumped all the oil you can into the gas)

Believe it or not unless you let the oil drain for hours quite a bit of mix remains in the bottle/container.

I buy the 2.5 gallon size mix bottles and then mix the amount I need with a graduated cylinder (normally only mixing a gallon). Using a standard pyrex graduated cylinder, if I pour 80mL into the graduated cylinder, and then dump the graduated cylinder into the gas can, and let it drip for a moment or two, when everything settles down back off the sides there's usually 6mL or so still in graduated cylinder. It's actually a pretty significant amount. I have begun to either add gas to the gc and swish out the extra oil or I overfill gc to then allow for residual 6mL or whatever to remain.

Someone once suggested to me actually putting some gas into the oil container swishing it around and then adding it to the mix (after you've dumped all the oil you can into the gas)

What I do.

Kevin

I'm refilling the ultra into some clear one gal mix bottles I have had for years, just keep re-using them. I top them off from the amount in them originally to give me that tad extra which remains in the bottle.

Back