Stihl using Redmax engines?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigsitter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently had someone try to convince me that Stihl no longer produces any of their own engines and have contracted with Redmax to be their engine supplier.The reason given was to comply with EPA standards.The only mention of this I can find on google is for some trimmer engines on units that were heading for California and this appeared to be just a limited run until Stihl got there engines up to spec and also this was a few years back as well.I know we've got some Stihl dealers and mechanics on here so someone please give me some evidence to help put the guy back on the right track! Thanks!

And since Redmax is owned by Husqvarna that means all Stihls have Husky engines.:D
I find it best to smile and nod approvingly at fools and then politely walk away.

Huskys

Stihl woulda used the Husky engines, but they didn't have the power to turn the chains on the ES bars, lmfao... :jester:

Less time on anti-vibe and more on engines dude, lol.. :cheers:

I recently had someone try to convince me that Stihl no longer produces any of their own engines and have contracted with Redmax to be their engine supplier.The reason given was to comply with EPA standards.The only mention of this I can find on google is for some trimmer engines on units that were heading for California and this appeared to be just a limited run until Stihl got there engines up to spec and also this was a few years back as well.I know we've got some Stihl dealers and mechanics on here so someone please give me some evidence to help put the guy back on the right track! Thanks!

When pigs fly..........:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

Yes, two models in the mid 90's.. made just for California, but a few got sold elsewhere. Made sense for Stihl - they didn't have enough production space anyhow - in addition to those engine there were also other trimmers made in Japan from IDC designs. These were phased out as the VA beach facility expanded.

When pigs fly..........:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

This Just is not your day. :)
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back